contacts not showing up

codyodyody

Reaction score
I am adding contacts and they are not showing up on my contact list. However, when i check my gmail account they are there. Any suggestions?

rooted
bb 0.7.5

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Check in your contacts..

menu>>display options

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am adding contacts and they are not showing up on my contact list. However, when i check my gmail account they are there. Any suggestions?

rooted
bb 0.7.5

Did you make sure you are synched with Google? You probably are. Try taking the sync off and then put it on.

OP
codyodyody

codyodyody

Reaction score
yeah ive done that...i still can see all my contacts i just cant add anymore

OP
codyodyody

codyodyody

Reaction score
its weird...i have to go into google and select the contact and click merge to my contacts

mobilechrisd

Reaction score
Try this...

In your Contacts application on the droid,

1. select the "Display option"menu item,
2. select the appropriate contact source (probably your Google account) to expand the grouping choices
3. Ensure all items are check (uncheck any you don't want to see after troubleshooting)
4. See if your missing contacts are now visible.

Post back if this works.

Chris

Taegost

Reaction score
It may also be merging them with other contacts. If you have two contacts entered with similar names, it'll auto-merge them together thinking they're the same contact... I have that problem with my my brother (James) and my niece (Jamie).
Every time I wipe I have to go in and specifically separate their contacts.

phillyj58

Reaction score
@codyodyody:

Go to Contacts > Menu > Display Options. Open the Google Contacts drop down list (by the way, i'm assuming that you've already done everything suggested above as far as synching accounts, etc etc, and you are still having issues).

There you see a list items for you to check or uncheck..."Starred in Android," "System Group: My Contacts," "System Group: Friends," etc etc.
On my list, the very last one is "All Other Contacts".......however, right above that one, there is a check/uncheck box with NO TITLE. It's literally blank.

I was having the same issues as you, did all the steps as described like you, with no success...on a whim i clicked that Blank Check Box, and i found all my new contacts. See if that works... Good Luck!