Contacts, Calander, Documents SYNC

cellphonedork

Reaction score
Make Droid WORK for you... Calander Sync, Contacts Sync, Documents Sync

Hey all,

Never written any tutorial here before, but I see this one needing to be done. As a small business owner, I NEED things that work and wok well. I love my phone, but its missing some functionality. Lets try to fix that. If its a link, click for more info. If you can add on, please do. I'll try to help anywhere I can.

Calander sync with Outlook

Contacts sync with Outlook - Soocial : this client just works.

I have tried all the outlook Gmail contacts sync clients. oggsync, octopuscity, gcontactssynch, gsyncit are horrible.
ComapnionLink (one time fee) and GoogleSyncforDomains and Plaxo do work, but cost $$$ per year.

Documets Sync: I have not figure this all the way out:
GDocs: Nice App. Ok if you use google docs.

Dropbox.com: Works great as file share between computers (cross platform) I use it all the time, I even keep my quickbooks file in there. They are working on hiring an Android Developer to create a client for us. I keep all work related docs in my C: /My Documets / My Dropbox folder when they are active. This folder is the synced to my Home Desktop, My Laptop, My Office Desktop and my Wife's MacBookPro. I use syncbackSE (freeware: syncback) to sync My Dropbox folder to a thumbdrive and my Droid. I set it up to run a smart sync profile when my droid is mounted, but only if syncback is running, and only if time since last sync has been longer than 6 hours. I have also created profiles that allow sync over FTP and USB. I keep a Portable Apps collection in the dropbox as well. This is working, but it is not flawless and has to be tweaked to get it to work great. I have mine dialed now. I did pay for syncbackSE, but it was worth the $$ as I use it for backups all the time.

Droidbox is on the market. Not an "official app" , but does pretty good.

See my other thread about true VOIP using Google Voice and Droid. It "should" work when out of the country.

Please let me know if this works or if you have more / better ideas.

budhisetiawan

Reaction score
How u suppose to know there is a link there!...its not underlined or nothing!....found it though!

siman00

Reaction score
When I go to the Soocial website, they don't list the A855 Droid. Is there another phone that can be chosen that works for the Droid?

budhisetiawan

Reaction score
soocial didnt work for me...but i have a wacked setup...syncing two pc's to one account...soocial was duping and failing to list all 500+ contacts!

On trial day 3 now of another and all is running smooth...syncing all aspects of Outlook!....

budhisetiawan

Reaction score
gSyncit....working like a charm once i set it up correctly ....and the Support is immediate...like i sent 2 emails and didnt have time to get a drink before a response!