Contacts are all screwed up

mitchb2

Reaction score
The recent Facebook app problems caused a whole bunch of my contacts to be deleted. I got FB fixed and syncing again.

Problem is, I'm not getting my contacts back.
One example, one of my missing contacts texted me last night. So now I can go into Handcent, long-click on her name and it brings up all of her correct contact info, including her current FB profile picture.

But she still doesn't show up in my contacts list.
And there are many of my contacts in this weird state.

Anyone know what's going on?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The recent Facebook app problems caused a whole bunch of my contacts to be deleted. I got FB fixed and syncing again.

Problem is, I'm not getting my contacts back.
One example, one of my missing contacts texted me last night. So now I can go into Handcent, long-click on her name and it brings up all of her correct contact info, including her current FB profile picture.

But she still doesn't show up in my contacts list.
And there are many of my contacts in this weird state.

Anyone know what's going on?

I don't know much about facebook, I got rid of it because it's an annoyance. What you might do however is try importing your contacts from your SD card.

Contacts/menu button/import-export/import from SD card. It kind of sounds like they are all in there.

OP
M

mitchb2

Reaction score
Trying to import gives me "File not found."

OP
M

mitchb2

Reaction score
I noticed if I go into Handcent and click on one of the people who are missing from my contacts list, I can see all the contact info including Facebook profile picture.

It's the exact same View Contact screen that I would see if I chose the person from the Contacts list, I can edit, etc.

But they don't show up in the "master" contacts list. It's driving me nuts.

Any clue?

Conechaser

Reaction score
I had this same problem..go to www.google.com/contacts on your computer then choose All Contacts, scroll down through there and you'll see all of your missing contacts just click on them then click on 'Move to My Contacts' then resycn your google account on your phone and they'll all be there. Not sure what causes this, because I had contacts from before I even got my Droid that were 'missing' all of a sudden along with a bunch that I had recently added.