Contacts added to favorites widget get assigned as a different contact

thanson

Reaction score
I have a problem with the favorites widget on the home screen. When I add my wife to it as a favorite, her picture appears there, but if I tap it, a different contact's information is what comes up, not hers. She is my only "favorite" contact so it isn't getting confused with another favorites contact. How can I correct this?

EricaLynne

Reaction score
I have a problem with the favorites widget on the home screen. When I add my wife to it as a favorite, her picture appears there, but if I tap it, a different contact's information is what comes up, not hers. She is my only "favorite" contact so it isn't getting confused with another favorites contact. How can I correct this?

I'm having the same problem with my Bionic too. I am also finding that within each contact the backup assistant info is entered twice. Any ideas on how to correct both issues?

annieO

Reaction score
Hi - I visited my local Verizon store concerning this and demonstrated the problem on my Bionic. The store person looked up on the known bug reports and found it. There's a firmware patch that will fix this coming out in Nov. 2011. As a short-term fix, I went through my entire favorite list to check if it was calling the correct person/number. If it was not, I wrote down all necessary info for the incorrect contact and deleted it. I only had to do this for two of my favorites. Then I retested the favorites - they were both working correctly. After that, I created two new contacts in my contact list for the two people I deleted from it. All the favorites were still worked correctly. Yes, this is a cumbersome solution but may alleviate some frustration until the fw update is available. Hope this helps!dancedroid

TrossClimber

Reaction score
I had this issue the only workaround I found was to make a dummy contact withthe same name as the contact that won't come up and join them together. Say you have mike and marv.... every time I tried to text marv,it would bring up mikes number. So I ended up making a blank marv contact with exactly the same name and selected it first,and joined both marv contacts. Then it came up correctly in the favorites

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

sirk

Reaction score
I had the same problem. I sent the "bad" contact info to my email, then I deleted the contact, re-synced contacts with google " backup assistant". Then opened the email and made the attachment the new contact. I seems to work....for now.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Try moving the widget to a screen other than the home screen also, as a temporary fix until it's patched. Seems to only have issues when on the home screen.

sirk

Reaction score
Thanks conqsoft, that sounds like a lot easier fix then the one I did. I'll give it a try if it happens again!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I've never had a problem, but my widget is 1st screen right

jame

Reaction score
Similar Problem

I have a similar problem with a droid rzr maxx.
When i hit the search key from the home screen, i have it set to search through everything on my phone - apps, files, contacts...
when the contacts with matching result show up and i click on the contact i wanted it opens up a different contact, any idea why?

Caren4u2

Reaction score
You may want to dive in and really look hard at all of the contact information of both of the contact information. I recently downloaded then later uninstalled an app called EVITE. Even though I no longer had the app on my phone, some of the EVITE info stayed. EVITE app apparently crossed wires inside my contact lists.. .I am still finding wrong E-mail addresses attached to the wrong person. After deleting the incorrect info all went back to normal.