Can't get rid of favorites in the contact list

jthorpe

Reaction score
On my Droid X, I could get rid of and clear the favorites list in contacts. With the Bionic I cannot. Seriously? This should be considered a major bug.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
On my Droid X, I could get rid of and clear the favorites list in contacts. With the Bionic I cannot. Seriously? This should be considered a major bug.

How should this be considered a bug? They just decided to force a favorites list :)

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

OP
J

jthorpe

Reaction score
Yeah, which is absolutely stupid. IMO, major bug. They should know better than that.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Yeah, which is absolutely stupid. IMO, major bug. They should know better than that.

In terms of developing, a bug refers to something that prevents something from working properly. The favorites list is not affecting the device at all.

holjes

Reaction score

Just because they chose to change the way a feature works, does not make it a bug. Poor decision perhaps, but that is up to interpretation.

OP
J

jthorpe

Reaction score
Ok whatever, Jesus. Semantics. So do any of you have an answer on how to change this "non-option" so that the information can be deleted? OR should I submit it as a bug? ;)

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Ok whatever, Jesus. Semantics. So do any of you have an answer on how to change this "non-option" so that the information can be deleted? OR should I submit it as a bug? ;)

Read the first reply by me. And you shall have your answer.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
That can't be even remotely considered a bug. That's part of the phone. Solution is root or get a different phone.

Edit: I did think of something. If there's someone you'd rather not have there maybe try deleting the contact and then adding it again. Not the prettiest solution but maybe an acceptable workaround?

Sent from my R2 unit using DroidForums

Reaction score
I done have an issue with favorites but I don't like all the verizon presets in my contact list. The X let me remove the preset verizon numbers, not a fan of this change.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I done have an issue with favorites but I don't like all the verizon presets in my contact list. The X let me remove the preset verizon numbers, not a fan of this change.

You can delete them. I did it on my d3 and on my brothers bionic

Reaction score
You can delete them. I did it on my d3 and on my brothers bionic

Hmmm. Then either I am doing something wrong or it is a bug on my phone. I tried to remove them the same way I would on the X but they never go away.

EDIT: I feel like a douche. They weren't going away when I uncheck verizon presets but I just realized I also needed to uncheck backup assistant in the display options. All good.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I did a little cleaning. Let's keep this discussion friendly guys. :D

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Did you "un star" all of your contacts?... that's what populates the fav's ...