Contact Screen On Droid X

agreco60

Reaction score
Is there a way to change or eliminate the History screen in Contacts on the Droid X. I currently have a D1 and my wife just got the DX and she is always in the History screen instead of the the All Contacts screen. It is actually easier on the D1 to use because you dont have to swipe to get to it.

Beka27

Reaction score
I went thru the regular setting and I don't see anything about that. Are you talking about just the regular app drawer contacts or does she have it a bookmark or shortcut somewhere. (I have a dock icon that takes me directly to my favorite "starred" contacts for example.)

OP
A

agreco60

Reaction score
If you go to Contacts there are 3 screens. There are 3 Red dots in the upper right corner. If you Swipe to the right it takes you to the History screen. If you stay in the middle it is Contacts A-Z and if you Swipe left you are on the Status screen. On the D1 you have Phone, Call Log, Contacts, Favorites across the top. Is there a way to have only the Contacts A-Z and not the other 2 screens.

Beka27

Reaction score
I'm going to say no. Probably not. I never swipe left or right on my contacts, so I wasn't even fully aware those other screens were there. I don't actually use my contacts tho. What you're referring to on your D1 as "Phone, Call Log, Contacts, Favorites" is actually the DIALER on the Droid X. When I select DIALER, my options are tabs across the top: "dialer, recent, contacts, favorites". Would she prefer having the dialer shortcut rather than contacts?

flathedassassin

Reaction score
Use the phone button on the bottom left of the home screen. About the same as the d1

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
I dont' know of anyway to remove the history in either the dialer or contacts. But they always open back to the same screen they were on when you close them. Or they should anyway. Mine do.