Contact quick tasks widget glitches

mikey4226

Reaction score
Every so often, when I turn the screen back on and unlock the phone, the widget glitches and the contact photo takes up the entire widget space, thereby covering up the call/text quick task buttons. The only way to fix this is to "edit" the widget to change the widget size and then change it back again. Does anyone else have this issue and/or know how to fix it?

I'll try to grab a screenshot the next time this happens, since that description is probably a little hard to understand without seeing it.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Are you using Launcherpro? When I used launcherpro that would happen all the time. It doesn't happen for me with ADW.

OP
M

mikey4226

Reaction score
It just happened again so I grabbed a screenshot of it. Hopefully this helps explain the issue.

Glitch:
443cf4f0-12cb-a174.jpg

Normal:
443cf4f0-1313-f249.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

MrKleen

Reaction score
Yes I have had the issues you are having. With Launcherpro I would have to fix it the way you described. However if it ever happened with ADW it would resolve itself if left alone for a bit.

en28so

Reaction score
I have always liked adw better. It's got no redraw issues and to me it's faster. Now I'm using adw ex.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

selex

Reaction score
I had it happen on both ADW and LauncherPro. ADW was less severe then LauncherPro when it would happen and would sometimes autocorrect. The only one it never gave me problems on was the default launcher, but again the widget was made for that launcher.

Selex

Amazonfemme

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
VS985
I've had that happen to me on both LauncherPro and Go Launcher (I can't remember whether it happened on ADW, but I had other issues with that launcher anyway). Drove me bat****. I finally gave up and abandoned the quick task widgets -- first for the LauncherPro "People" widget, and now for the Photo Contact widget (available in the Market), which is nearly identical to the LauncherPro widget but I can use it with Go Launcher. Now if only someone would come up with a Facebook widget like the one LauncherPro offers!

selex

Reaction score
The only widget I found that is a somewhat comparable LauncherPro Facebook widget is Facez, but it will not let you select the link in friend's posts or even go directly to Facebook from the widget. Its only good for updates and nothing else.

I keep trying different launchers and keep coming back to LauncherPro.

Selex

Amazonfemme

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
VS985
The only widget I found that is a somewhat comparable LauncherPro Facebook widget is Facez, but it will not let you select the link in friend's posts or even go directly to Facebook from the widget. Its only good for updates and nothing else.

I keep trying different launchers and keep coming back to LauncherPro.

Selex

Thank you for this. I didn't use the LPP Facebook widget for much more than updates anyway, and Facez fits the bill nicely!