"Contact Quick Tasks" replacement

lemodular

Reaction score
When adding contact quick tasks on my Pro, I'm given a 2x2 widget that is 2x1 picture and 2x1 tasks.

Is there anyway to get a 1x1 direct dial shortcut? I have contact shortcuts in place now, which provide the LOOK that I want, but they don't direct dial. They take me to the contact.

Is it possible to get an icon that looks like a contact shortcut that dials directly?

I believe it's built into the stock Motoblur. If I understand you correctly, you want to make a 1x1 direct dial icon with a contact picture. Make a new contact quick task and add your contact. Assign one or more task to the icon. The motoblur ico will be big but if you touch and hold for half a sec. it will allow you to resize it (to 1x1). Now when you touch it for the for first time, it will popup all tasked you assigned, you can then choose the contact number and click "remember this choice". That should make it a single click action to dial.

Kaos2flo

Reaction score
yeah i was just going to say that you can long press on the quick contacts icon and resize it.

google123

Reaction score
i have a screen with a few direct call icons. using launcher pro plus you can resize the standard direct call widget down to 1x1 and when pressing on it the first time it will ask you what task you want to assign wether its call a number or text a number or email an address or whatever. launcher pro plus it what allows the widget to be sized at 1x1. works great.

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the direct dial shortcut? I think the idea is one-touch quick dialing.

Once you click on it the first time and enable to checkmark it becomes a direct-dial shortcut. If you want you can leave the checkbox clear to keep from accidentally dialing someone if you want.

OP
G

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
i have a screen with a few direct call icons. using launcher pro plus you can resize the standard direct call widget down to 1x1 and when pressing on it the first time it will ask you what task you want to assign wether its call a number or text a number or email an address or whatever. launcher pro plus it what allows the widget to be sized at 1x1. works great.

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the direct dial shortcut? I think the idea is one-touch quick dialing.

Once you click on it the first time and enable to checkmark it becomes a direct-dial shortcut. If you want you can leave the checkbox clear to keep from accidentally dialing someone if you want.

Can you show me how it looks? With a screenshot or picture?

zenivzen

Reaction score
LP Pro is well worth it. And it will allow you to do a direct dial but the text of the contact can't be removed.