Contact photos gone from stock texting app

connexus

Reaction score
When I got the latest update to Android 4.4.2, I also got a new problem. I can no longer see my contact photos in the stock texting app. I have cleared the cache, force closed the app, and done a factory data reset. The problem persists. I can see the photos in other texting apps (Simply Text, Go SMS) but not in the stock app. If I click on the generic icon for each person, THEN I can see the photos, but they no longer display normally. Words of wisdom are needed here if you have any!

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
What happens if you click the generic image in Stock app, then click the photo and add it again, or a new one. I don't remember hearing of this issue before.

Sent from my XT1060

OP
connexus

connexus

Reaction score
What happens if you click the generic image in Stock app, then click the photo and add it again, or a new one. I don't remember hearing of this issue before.

Sent from my XT1060
Thanks for your reply. The results of re-adding the photo are inconsistent. About half of the photos will re-add and leave me with a visible image for the contact. The other half don't change even though I do exactly the same process to add them. So now I'm confused as well as frustrated. Must be Monday morning!