Contact names

dubunderpar

Reaction score
My wife recently got the Ally and while trying to add a new contact it continues to add the contact but placing under one of the other contacts. ie. we were trying to add her father Johnny, but when you hit save new contact, it continues to save it under an existing contact she has named Jon. The two are in no way similar numbers nor did she ever open Jons number when saving the new one. Can't figure out why it's auto saving under the other contact. Any help would be nice.

barbee

Reaction score
Open the contact page for Jon. Hit menu, then unlink contact. Add first and last names to help with this

sent from my HTC incredible

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My wife recently got the Ally and while trying to add a new contact it continues to add the contact but placing under one of the other contacts. ie. we were trying to add her father Johnny, but when you hit save new contact, it continues to save it under an existing contact she has named Jon. The two are in no way similar numbers nor did she ever open Jons number when saving the new one. Can't figure out why it's auto saving under the other contact. Any help would be nice.

There is a way to do this on the phone but I can't seem to find it. Have you tried entering your wife's father in gmail on line and having it just sync it over to the phone? That might be a way to get around it.

I know there is another way to do it too, but that's all I can come up with now.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Open the contact page for Jon. Hit menu, then unlink contact. Add first and last names to help with this

sent from my HTC incredible

I'll leave my answer up there just in cased but this sounds like the more logical way.

lalea1860

Reaction score
i AM Also having the saving contacts issue. When I save the number with a name, the name shows up and replaces the number, then disappears. I synced my old phone with my ally and the contacts went under favorites, and in no order whatsoever. They are still there however. My ally was saving contacts just fine, then just stopped except for saving it for a second.