2 in 1 contact problems

evan1005

Reaction score
I'm having an issue with adding contacts. I add one friend, with name Jay to the contact list. I add another friend named Jason, and it stores his contact info in Jay's contact info. When I edit Jay's contact info, I see Jason's in the same window. Like there are 2 contacts saved under one name. Anyone have advice? I tried it in safe mode and it did the same thing. :mad:

mrapollinax

Reaction score
Go to the contact hit the menu button and chose "Edit Contact." Once that screen comes up hit the Menu button. If this Contact is made of multiple contact entries you should have the options to "separate" and "join". Click on Separate and it should separate the single contact into Multiple Contacts.

OP
E

evan1005

Reaction score
Done. Thanks. Now why on earth would it join them in the first place? I didn't tell it to do that. Jackass android system should not be making assumptions about that kind of stuff.

mrapollinax

Reaction score
When there are few common pionts of data in two contacts Android attempts to consolidate the information. This is good when you have duplicate information from different sources like facebook, gmail or corporate email. In your case however I'm not sure what caused the contact consolidation.

cyb3rtr0n

Reaction score
Go to the contact hit the menu button and chose "Edit Contact." Once that screen comes up hit the Menu button. If this Contact is made of multiple contact entries you should have the options to "separate" and "join". Click on Separate and it should separate the single contact into Multiple Contacts.

Thanks, this worked.

I also had the same problem with contacts grouping together. I searched around the site and found other solutions such as clearing the contact data and re-syncing; neither of which worked.

This solved my problem. Now I can have similar contacts separated