contact groups

windstrings

Reaction score
Its makes sense that its in the manual as any phone should have that feature... I think they just forgot to add it! LOL!

Must be a google oversight!

nomdeplume22

Reaction score
I have a question with group text. I got the group i want to text but the problem is out of all 10 they each have more than one contact number and it is a pain to have to select which number for everyone is there a way to set up a default contact number for a specific action such as text to mobile?

Phillipsave

Reaction score
For people whom you regularly communicate with, just check the star to the right of their name after clicking on them as a contact, and they will be added to your "favorites" list, which is easily accessible for phone and mail.

For using google contact groups, first sync all contacts between droid and google contacts, and divide google contacts by groups, which then appear on the droid, by going to menu, contacts, display options, google. Your default position could be to only check system group-my contacts, and none of your other groups below. That way you see all contacts when hitting the contacts button.

When you get into display options google, you could then disable the system group check, and just enable one of your other groups, which will result in only that group being displayed after you return to your contacts page. Alternatively, you could have no contacts checked, including system group, but then see no overall list, and everytime have to go into your groups and check one in order to see its members.