contact facebook pics.

rlfitz

Reaction score
Quick question. Only a few of my contacts have their facebook picture showing up as a contact picture. I now have the thunderbolt. the same issue also happened with my OG droid. Any Ideas why only a few have the pics show up? I would like to have all my contacts have their FB photo as a contact picture. am I missing a setting somewhere? or is it some FB setting?
Thanks all.

stonedoubt

Reaction score
Quick question. Only a few of my contacts have their facebook picture showing up as a contact picture. I now have the thunderbolt. the same issue also happened with my OG droid. Any Ideas why only a few have the pics show up? I would like to have all my contacts have their FB photo as a contact picture. am I missing a setting somewhere? or is it some FB setting?
Thanks all.

It's a facebook setting but I don't think that the HTC Contact Manager is using the correct contact provider because I don't see any pictures either.

ben.keen

Reaction score
Make sure you have Facebook for HTC Sense selected for the picture source and that all your contacts are linked to Facebook for HTC Sense. The pictures will then download and update as your friends update their profiles.

ethaxton

Reaction score
I had that problem too at first and went the Facebook for HTC sense route and everything started working properly like Ben said.

OP
rlfitz

rlfitz

Reaction score
I set the FB sense setting and got all the FB people in my contacts. thats not what I was hoping for. The pictures all showed up but there are too many people that I dont need in my contacts. What am I doing wrong? I just want the people who are already contacts to have their FB profile picture show up as the contact photo. its strange, there are like 4 or 5 that show up.

2trax4me

Reaction score
I set the FB sense setting and got all the FB people in my contacts. thats not what I was hoping for. The pictures all showed up but there are too many people that I dont need in my contacts. What am I doing wrong? I just want the people who are already contacts to have their FB profile picture show up as the contact photo. its strange, there are like 4 or 5 that show up.
I had the same issue, I am going to have to remove this as I dont want all these extra contacts and birthday reminders in my calendar.

Marathonman

Reaction score
I just did mine individually... Open the contact and click the link icon in the top right and select FB HTC Sense and find that person in the list for FB then select done. Hope that's what ur trying to accomplish.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

teddyblair

Reaction score
If you go into 'People' , 'View' menu, you can then select 'only those with numbers' or something like that. Then only people whose numbers you have will show up in your contacts.

Or if you don't want Facebook to add anyone new, and only sync with contacts you already have, you can select that option within Facebook sync preferences.

Same with calendar - if you hit menu, and then select calendars, scroll down and you can uncheck Facebook and it will take events and birthdays out of your calendar.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using DroidForums