Constant Sync Icon...draining battery...

LT*

Reaction score
I've recently installed Project Elite V3, and since doing so, I have the sync icon in my notification bar constantly. This is draining my battery much faster than it should. I have a very high "Android System" usage, and my partial wake stats say that the phone is running 100% of the time (no wonder the battery life sucks). I've done just about everything I can think of to stop it including but not limited to, wiping and reinstalling twice, changing kernels, turning off auto sync, airplane mode. I seem to be the only one with this issue as no one else in the release thread has mentioned an issue. Any ideas how I can solve this?

Thanks

OP
LT*

LT*

Reaction score
Unsure if this is related to my previous issue. I am not seeing any of the apps on my SD card in my app drawer. Not only that, but when I go to Settings>applications>manage apps nothing from the SD card ever finishes computing so I can't uninstall or clear data etc. I also can't install anything either from the SD card with TiBu or from the Market. Definitely could use some rescuing here :icon_eek:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
LT* I'm sending you to the Rescue Squad area....these guys and girls are great.

Are you restoring apps via TB after your data/cache wipe? If so don't use it restore via market sync. That would be my first recommendation. Wipe data/cache sync via market and report back. Somebody will be along to help you.

Good luck!!

warrior21

Reaction score
If you go to settings>accounts & sync>press your gmail account, can you see what is not syncing correctly?

Sent from my Droid

OP
LT*

LT*

Reaction score
LT* I'm sending you to the Rescue Squad area....these guys and girls are great.

Are you restoring apps via TB after your data/cache wipe? If so don't use it restore via market sync. That would be my first recommendation. Wipe data/cache sync via market and report back. Somebody will be along to help you.

Good luck!!

Thanks so much for the reply. I can't seem to get the SD card to show up as storage. So now I can't load anything to the root of my card to flash it. I CAN see my pictures and music on the phone, but none of the apps seem to be seen. I tried downloading a fresh install of PEv3 from this site on my phone, but the DL was unsuccessful. any ideas? Thanks

Edit: I managed to get it mounted through SPrecovery and got a fresh install done, I immediately noticed that USB and debugging came up, so that's good. waiting for apps to DL from market now. fingers crossed.

Last edited:
OP
LT*

LT*

Reaction score
update: I am finding that I cannot install anything from any source at this point. The market just hung and nothing installed. I've tried to restore one app from TiBu and it won't install either (yes I checked allow install from unknown sources). Not sure how I can lose the ability to install anything. I also just tried to mount my SD card, and it soft rebooted and now says "Process System is not responding" FC, wait, report . It's just hanging there. not feeling encouraged now...

Edit: Battery pull fixed it, but still can't install anything...

Last edited:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
LT* you should format the SD card...that may resolve your issue.

Back all the contents of your SD card on your desktop/format SD/ restore SD back-up to your card.

Hopefully you can format the SD card.

OP
LT*

LT*

Reaction score
LT* you should format the SD card...that may resolve your issue.

Back all the contents of your SD card on your desktop/format SD/ restore SD back-up to your card.

Hopefully you can format the SD card.

I may be able to do that, but I'm not sure it will help with my ability to install anything even in the internal memory. I've changed the install location to internal, didn't help. It seems like I have no installer package on the phone anymore. Also, when I go to manage apps in settings, it never finishes computing the size of each pre installed app. I read a lot of the threads with problems that other users have, and I've never seen this one before.

Going to try and reformat the card, but I'm not sure it will help since I can mount it and see the contents in recovery mode. So frustrating.

OP
LT*

LT*

Reaction score
If you go to settings>accounts & sync>press your gmail account, can you see what is not syncing correctly?

Sent from my Droid

Actually, the synch icon issue seems to be gone with this latest reinstall, but now I have other issues.

OP
LT*

LT*

Reaction score
After a format of my SD card, there has been no change in the behavior. I did notice, that when it boots, the "bump" or vibration that usually happens is not. the boot is also much quicker than it used to be. Still need rescuing

Edit: I just did another reboot, and it's definitely not booting properly. I get the opening animation, and then when it should hold and pulse the image (and the vibration and dimming of the image happens) it does not happen. Instead, the image pops up, and then goes immediately to my home screen.

Last edited:
OP
LT*

LT*

Reaction score
Update: I have since refllashed an old ROM I had on my PC. I wiped x3 and installed fine. The boot seemed to go back to normal and the ROM loaded. I still can't install anything from the market, and there is no TiBu in this ROM. I have the USB and Debugging icons up in notifications, but when I try to donnect so I can transfer files, the system goes back to the boot animation and then the system stops responding. Going to pull the battery now and try to think of something else. At this point I'm willing to just start over from scratch, re root and all that if I have to. I just need to know if there are any other options before I get into all that.

Thanks

OP
LT*

LT*

Reaction score
After more trial and error, I am starting to think that my installer is messed up. I now have PE3 loaded, the sync issue is resolved, but I am unable to install any APK from the Market, TiBU, or the web. The phone works well for calls, texts, email, web, but I can do nothing with apps at all. I have even been able to restore my call log and texts with TiBu. It just won't install anything.

Is there any way to push a new installer package to the phone to see if that is the problem?

Would love it if anyone has any ideas on this...

Thanks

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Wow Lt you've been through a lot.

The fact that your installation issues persist even after wiping is a bit disturbing. The only other piece of advise I can give is to try using RSD to flash the phone back to stock and see if you still have the same issue. If so it might have some sort of hardware problem. If the issue gets resolved you can then re-root and see how it goes.

Sorry, that's all I can think of right now.

OP
LT*

LT*

Reaction score
Wow Lt you've been through a lot.

The fact that your installation issues persist even after wiping is a bit disturbing. The only other piece of advise I can give is to try using RSD to flash the phone back to stock and see if you still have the same issue. If so it might have some sort of hardware problem. If the issue gets resolved you can then re-root and see how it goes.

Sorry, that's all I can think of right now.

LOL, yeah, it's been a learning experience for sure...Thanks so much for taking a look.

I haven't used RSD since I first rooted. Is 4.6 still the version I should use? I only have the 2.1 SBF here, is there a new one or should I just load 2.1 and go from there?

Sorry for the questions, but since I have your ear....and all that.

Thanks again Tallica :)

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I will have to agree with tallica LT*....if flashing back to stock and starting over doesn't resolve your issues then im at a loss as to what exactly is causing this. Hardware is the obvious. The only other thing I can offer you is that the sd card may be shot and causing the problem. Ive seen this to be the case with some of these issues.

Sent from my Droid