Connecting to Windows 7 By Bluetooth

chops

Reaction score
hey has anyone connected there droid to there pc with windows 7 via bluetooth. I tried to day and they do not recognize each other, anyone have a answer for this?

OP
chops

chops

Reaction score
My media card reader has bluetooth and I used it in the past with another phone using microsofts sync program and I installed win7 today and I cannt seem to get it to work it reads cards and the bluetooth light is on but the two can not discover each other

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
odd if you've used it before... i'm pretty new to win7 myself and don't really know my way around yet.. AND i just figured out that we are friends on facebook. ;)

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
correction: i'm a fan of your droid page. (thanks for plugging the forums!)

gwguruman

Reaction score
I get Windows 7 to register my DROID as a Bluetooth device. But no Bluetooth services are shown. On the DROID side it says "Paired but not connected". I can't do anything with the Bluetooth connection in either direction between Win7 and the DROID. The DROID never connects to Win7. I have Win7 64-bit on a Lenovo T61p.

R1Lover

Reaction score
Yes, in fact I'm connected to my droid right now with bluetooth via my dell XPS laptop with win 7 64 bit.

I use this program for file transfers
Bluetooth File Transfer

You can also use your pc as a speaker phone which is pretty cool. lol

gwguruman

Reaction score
I see my DROID listed under the Win7 Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Devices and Printers > Bluetooth Devices > as "EdDROID". The device is shown as Category: Phone , but when I right click > Properties - it shows the details as attached here. It seems to be missing all the services.