Bluetooth Connectivity Issues

GoGators

Reaction score
For some reason, I cannot make a connection using Bluetooth to my computer. I get the statement that it is paired but not connected. WTF? I have tried everything including searching this forum. Anyone else having this issue? I have a computer unning windows 7 64 bit.

Aximtreo

Reaction score
For some reason, I cannot make a connection using Bluetooth to my computer. I get the statement that it is paired but not connected. WTF? I have tried everything including searching this forum. Anyone else having this issue? I have a computer unning windows 7 64 bit.

I've posted the reason in a couple of forums but in a nutshell, VZW locked the ability to connect to your computer via BT. The reasoning is they are protecting us from having our data stolen by hackers, The real reason is they consider connecting to your computer via BT tethering. Tethering is something they charge for and if rumors are right, it will be available early 2010 for a hefty price.:icon_ devil:

OP
GoGators

GoGators

Reaction score
My old verizon phone could connect for file exchange. I guess we have that functionality via the USB conection but still lame. I am not tring to steal services. I have not tried to connect in my wife's car to get calls yet, but hopefully they have not blocked that. For Verizon, this is still open source, but still,I am not trying to steal anything.

k9cop

Reaction score
I've heard you can use Bluetooth File Transfer app from the Market, but I can't get it to work to send a file from my moto Droid to her Eris. It says connection refused. Works for my PC though.