connecting phone to pc with usb

prime38time

Reaction score
Need help connecting phone to pc for occasional file transfers....Strange thing is it worked at one time and i'm not sure what changed as to make it not work anymore. I can plug in my older droid x and it connects just fine:icon_eek:

OP
P

prime38time

Reaction score
would you believe swapping to a different cable did the trick, even though the other cable worked fine on every other phone i had......it just would not work my razr!

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
self diagnosis rules, glad you solved your problem. prime38time welcome to the forum. enjoy.

2razrmaxx

Reaction score
Glad you got it working. Mine did the same thing. Worked one time and now it does not work at all.
But the cable from my old incredible works great? Go figure.

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Strange... I have yet to run into a cable I have that wouldn't work. In fact, on my desktop I use a usb mini with a mini to micro adapter on it and that's even fine... although, the adapter is a Motorola product. Heh. I have noticed though that my motherboard has these "extra power" USB ports and my phone doesn't like those one bit... I guess they are reserved for the more power hungry devices that sometimes require two USB ports, like portable hard drives.

beckeann

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid turbo
Mine has always worked till now.i had to factory reset, now it doesn't come up when I plug it in. Ive looked everywhere in the settings and can't find anything. Nor does it say turbo charging but it's still charging fast. Reset screwed me up. Helpppppp no please

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Mine has always worked till now.i had to factory reset, now it doesn't come up when I plug it in. Ive looked everywhere in the settings and can't find anything. Nor does it say turbo charging but it's still charging fast. Reset screwed me up. Helpppppp no please
Do you have a Droid Razr? Or a different Droid model? This post is in the old Droid Razr section & I don't remember the Razr having Turbo Charging. If I recall correctly Turbo Charging started with the Droid Turbo in 2015, and the Razr was around long before 2015.

When you plug your phone into your computer what appears in the Notification panel? What options when you swipe down to see Notifications? On newer versions of Android it will default to Charging Only mode and you have to tap the Notification to select file transfer, etc.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8

Why did you do a factory reset?