connecting a droid maxx to my compter..

Abby Normal

Reaction score
Will my computer automatically detect my Maxx or are there drivers I need to load ?

If so, what is the best way to load said drivers ?

I know I had to load some drivers for my RAZR to be detected but that was 2 1/2 years ago and I can't remember .....

Thanks

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Have you tried yet. If it isn't detected without a problem then it may be a problem, often with the computer rather than the phone. I have seen that happen when the computer had had a number of other phones and/or tablets connected. Your post sounds like you haven't tested it yet. You shouldn't need any additional drivers.

P

promo87

Will my computer automatically detect my Maxx or are there drivers I need to load ?

If so, what is the best way to load said drivers ?

I know I had to load some drivers for my RAZR to be detected but that was 2 1/2 years ago and I can't remember .....

Thanks
Well, I would say most of the time time automatically detects the drivers that it needs and if there is a need it will be automatically downloaded by your device. What you can do is make sure you are connected with the internet and connect your device via USB to PC and if your PC feels that there is any need for driver it'll automatically download the drivers necessary.

OP
Abby Normal

Abby Normal

Reaction score
Thanks guys, and you were right I hadn't tried it because I was picking up the phone today. I was trying to prepare for all I had to do after receiving it......

And my computer did pick it right up after plugging in.

The last one I had to load drivers and the one before that I had to get an app ( USB mount ) ...

Thanks for the help.

P

promo87

Thanks guys, and you were right I hadn't tried it because I was picking up the phone today. I was trying to prepare for all I had to do after receiving it......

And my computer did pick it right up after plugging in.

The last one I had to load drivers and the one before that I had to get an app ( USB mount ) ...

Thanks for the help.
Haa.. haa so you were collecting all the information which is needed to connect your device to the PC.