Connect XOOM to projector

milou6

Reaction score
Can I use the HDMI to connect a xoom to a HDTV?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

The xoom has an hdmi out, so yes! You just need a micro-hdmi plug on the end that sticks into the xoom (or an adapter). Careful not to get a "mini-hdmi" because that is actually a different size (in between standard and micro).

gself

Reaction score
Xoom to Projector

I purchased a HDMI-to-VGA box for $41.85:

PC DVD HDMI to VGA & Audio HDTV Video Converter Adapter

It was delivered to my home yesterday. It comes with a power supply, so it has to be plugged in. I then went to Radio Shack and got a micro-hdmi to hdmi cable (about $30) to connect the Xoom to the converter box.

I plugged the Xoom into the converter and that to a VGA projector today at college and it works like a champ. Also, the converter box includes an audio output, so I could connect a sound amplifier and play a youtube video in the classroom without any problems.

I know it's not quite as handy as the apple cable; but it also transmits sound, which the simple apple cable will not do.

comk4ver

Reaction score
I'm using Quickoffice Pro HD (the new tablet version) and it is (so far) doing a great job of running all my office doc types, including ppt and pptx. I'm also tinkering with sending the xoom's display to DLNA devices in my home over my home network using the iMediaShare app. Of course you wouldn't be able to do that for a presentation over an office/school network, but it's pretty neat.

How much was this app? I just got recruited a for a food handling class and since it's all powerpoint i'd rather ask for a tablet than a netbook/laptop... plus the hdmi cabling :/ plus an audio cable too...

paulandtabs

Reaction score
Try Sliderocket! Import your preso's then forget pprrpoint, or just create new preso's from scratch.

jasonwell90

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy note 4
What`s the android system version of Xoom?