Connect XOOM to projector

doctagadget

Reaction score
Hey guys I know that the ipad allows you to connect it to your projector to show PowerPoint slides. Does the xoom allow this?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
D

doctagadget

Reaction score
Most projectors at schools and hospitals don't have an HDMI input. Just standard VGA. So I'm more so curious about a VGA output.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

milou6

Reaction score
I've used it with hdmi connected to a dvi adapter for a presentation. VGA is analog so you need a converter box unfortunately, making most older projectors a no-go.

pmcgov87

Reaction score
I've read that the hdmi out only works when connected through the docking station, but haven't tested it yet...can anyone confirm or dispute this review finding?

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
I would like a confirmation also so I can use it when teaching 1st aid/cpr courses....it would be great if could

Aloha from Hawaii...

Uncle700

Reaction score
I have connected with HDMI from the Xoom to the TV without the docking station.

pmcgov87

Reaction score
Same info...

I've also come across other posts that reported success as well. Must have been a bad/early review or some HW/SW bugs in an early release. Key is the right cable, a HDMI Type A male to HDMI type D (Micro). Ordered mine from Monoprice.com, less than $7.50 for a 15' cable.

pdth

Reaction score
I'd like this feature too, but first we need an app that can render Powerpoint documents accurately.

pmcgov87

Reaction score
Agree - I've only used Quick point so far and it doesn't render some basic graphics well....

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
good info friends! power point is a plus for me also, def gonna keep my eye out on more replies

Aloha from Hawaii...

milou6

Reaction score
I'm using Quickoffice Pro HD (the new tablet version) and it is (so far) doing a great job of running all my office doc types, including ppt and pptx. I'm also tinkering with sending the xoom's display to DLNA devices in my home over my home network using the iMediaShare app. Of course you wouldn't be able to do that for a presentation over an office/school network, but it's pretty neat.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
yup I have the new HD Pro app on my Xoom and it looks great and works good. ALMOST like my office products on my laptop.

Aloha from Hawaii...

soulshot96

Reaction score
Can I use the HDMI to connect a xoom to a HDTV?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums