Confused by the Music Player app

Skyrocketing

Reaction score
Maybe I'm just missing something obvious but I can't figure out how to go back to the Library list in the Music Player app. When I'm playing music I can press the bottom right button to go back to a song list of the artist I'm listening to but I can't back up any further into my library. The only way I know how to go back to my Library is to press the menu button, End (kills the app), and re-open it to the library. Is there any way to get back to the library easier?

Mjbyrnes4664

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue with the music player. If you hit the music squares button you can get back to the library but that button isn't available if you turn off music squares, There's gotta be an easier way

Trapper31

Reaction score
Same issue here, if there is no way to go back to the library that is a huge omission. Well at least there is no shortage of music players in the Play store.

snellios

Reaction score
Agree

I was struggling with the same thing... kind of dont believe the design would be so half assed. The only way i can get back to the library is via Music Squares button (ridiculous and useless addition), and once Music Squares is turned off the button disappears completely. Wish they'd fix with an update already.

JRParsons

Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing something but that top row slides, I can choose songs, artists, play list, I think I can get to any part of my library without ever hitting music squares. If I don't understand the problem, sorry for the useless post.

kaylesworth

Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing something but that top row slides, I can choose songs, artists, play list, I think I can get to any part of my library without ever hitting music squares. If I don't understand the problem, sorry for the useless post.

Start playing a song. While you are in that screen, the problem has been getting back to your library. The only way I've been able to find is to hit the music squares button (like everyone else) and then you can scroll the top row to select album, artist, etc. Seems counter intuitive.

JRParsons

Reaction score
kaylesworth said:
Start playing a song. While you are in that screen, the problem has been getting back to your library. The only way I've been able to find is to hit the music squares button (like everyone else) and then you can scroll the top row to select album, artist, etc. Seems counter intuitive.

I'm sorry, I've since tried to duplicate the problem, and I agree, I can't find a way back to the library from the song screen. Apparently, I had been playing only from the playlist screen.
So far I've replaced the browser, the email app, and the keyboard. May be looking for a good music player also.
I'm surprised Samsung released with such buggy software. Otherwise I love the phone.

DimeVision

Reaction score
Simple Solution

Maybe I'm just missing something obvious but I can't figure out how to go back to the Library list in the Music Player app. When I'm playing music I can press the bottom right button to go back to a song list of the artist I'm listening to but I can't back up any further into my library. The only way I know how to go back to my Library is to press the menu button, End (kills the app), and re-open it to the library. Is there any way to get back to the library easier?

COME ON!!! ALL OF YOU!!! HOW COME YOU HAVEN'T TRIED YOUR PHONE'S BACK BUTTON.
when you are in the "Now Playing" screen just simply press your phone's back button (next to the physical home button on the right, if you don't know where it is!!!) that will take you to the main "Music Menu" / "Library" page.

kaylesworth

Reaction score
COME ON!!! ALL OF YOU!!! HOW COME YOU HAVEN'T TRIED YOUR PHONE'S BACK BUTTON.
when you are in the "Now Playing" screen just simply press your phone's back button (next to the physical home button on the right, if you don't know where it is!!!) that will take you to the main "Music Menu" / "Library" page.

It depends on your point of entry into the now playing screen. If you start in library, yes you can simply hit the back button. Try this. Start a song. Hit the home button. Pull down your notification bar and go back to the song you were playing. Now try to select another song. See what we are saying? It's the same problem if you use the music widget. Your point of entry into the now playing screen determines where the back button takes you.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

DimeVision

Reaction score
No Ultimate Solution

It depends on your point of entry into the now playing screen. If you start in library, yes you can simply hit the back button. Try this. Start a song. Hit the home button. Pull down your notification bar and go back to the song you were playing. Now try to select another song. See what we are saying? It's the same problem if you use the music widget. Your point of entry into the now playing screen determines where the back button takes you.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Well, now I see what you are saying...:mad:
I didn't find any other way for that. I think we should wait for an update! and they probably gonna miss this one. dude they have a lot to fix, this one is nothing! :blink:

MAMBA24ILL

Reaction score
What a crappy design of a stock music player. The Play Music app might help.
Had enough of this issue yesterday so re-downloaded the cloudskipper music player app.

jneusch

Reaction score
I gotta be completely dense, but mine seems to work. I start in the library and select a song. I go to the now playing screen and see the album artwork. There is an icon to the right of the skip forward button (3 horizontal lines with a music note). I click it and it takes me back to the library. I can select another track. I also tried this from the notification screen by clicking on the thumbnail of the artwork.

Maybe I am not understanding what the issue is, but the player works for me.

snellios

Reaction score
I gotta be completely dense, but mine seems to work. I start in the library and select a song. I go to the now playing screen and see the album artwork. There is an icon to the right of the skip forward button (3 horizontal lines with a music note). I click it and it takes me back to the library. I can select another track. I also tried this from the notification screen by clicking on the thumbnail of the artwork.

Maybe I am not understanding what the issue is, but the player works for me.

Have tried to replicated your success. I clicked the button you describe after accessing music player from both now playing artwork in notifications and via Music Player library. It just takes me back to the now playing playlist (ie the album or artist I selected). It doesnt take me back to the library, and indeed, i cant access the library from this screen either - the back button at the top of the screen just takes me back to Now Playing screen.