Configuring EVDO parameters on D2G

Soladzur

Reaction score
Hi.

Today I've connected my droid 2 Global brought from US to the local CDMA network in Ukraine.

But only 1x CDMA is currently working here.

The issue is that I can't connect D2G with the QPST.

1. I've installed Motorola 4.8 Drivers. After this, motorola networking device has appeared. I've written 192.168.16.1/24 address and pings to 192.168.16.2 were ok.

2. I used HW VSP 3.1.2 to create virtual serial port. It was successfully created.

3. QPST sees the serial port created by HWVSP and gets some initial information from the phone. But when I start QPST (2.7 build 323) service programming and trying to connect the phone - it fails with the error:
Online connection failure: unspecified error

1x configuration and PRL upload was done by Axesstel program but it's not allowing configuration EVDO.

Did you ever met the issue with QPST and d2g?
Did you ever configure it with any other program?

upd
If to turn on the phone with camera button pressed it appears in windows device manager as a Flash MDM6600. I can't find a driver for it and not sure that this can help me.

upd

thanks

Last edited:

CellZealot

Reaction score
Short answer...use RadioComm 11.11.X

I am off to work but will come back to you with more info tonight.

I don't have definitive answers but I have a lot of ideas! ;)

OP
S

Soladzur

Reaction score
i've got this radiocomm 11.11.07

THIS IS MADNES!!!
How to use it?

Last edited:
OP
S

Soladzur

Reaction score
Ok. I'm having a progress. I've downloaded QPST 2.7 build 255 and it has recognized the phone as FFA-QSC6695.
Service programming has successfully connected to the phone but when I push "read from phone button" - it fails telling "Roaming list request time out".
Any Ideas?

Answer: UNCHECK EVT enable in HW VSP settings

Last edited:
OP
S

Soladzur

Reaction score
The current issue is that I can't write in QPST Service Programming EVDO parameters.
When i push "read from phone" button - everything is ok.

when I change parameters of PPP configuration tab (UM and IM login and password) and push "write to phone button" it comes to the "can't write to phone" error and
(MRU3_TABLE_I[0] field for example) and NV_FAIL_S reason.

I need to update Um and AN tabs on PPP part.

anybody knows the solution?

OP
S

Soladzur

Reaction score
Seems it's all about drivers for Flash MDM6600 device in diag mode.
Where to get these drivers?

CellZealot

Reaction score
Sorry haven't stopped back in here...very busy. You don't need the flash drivers fro diag mode.
I am on my phone right now but will post back. There is a set of nv items you need to change that lock the MIP profile to VZW.

OP
S

Soladzur

Reaction score
Sorry haven't stopped back in here...very busy. You don't need the flash drivers fro diag mode.
I am on my phone right now but will post back. There is a set of nv items you need to change that lock the MIP profile to VZW.

That's correct.
These NV items i need to change is PPP authrization for EVDO.
In QPST it's tabs: PPP-> Um and PPP-> AN

what is the problem
1. Drivers I use are incorrect?
2. Phone is blocking changing these parameters?

By the way. On other forum i was given with motodiag driver.
It has different .inf file (for PID_2A6F) and the device is being recognized as PID_2A70. I've changed this inf file and one of 6 unknown devices began to work. QPST saw the phone but symptoms remained the same. I still can't change these NV parameters.

CellZealot

Reaction score
Still at work. You will eed RadioComm to change these items because they lock the MIP profile so QPST can't write to it. They are not part of the service programming, they are Moto NV items.

Nolenm

Reaction score
Coud you please tell me how you got into diag mode???

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

CellZealot

Reaction score
Ok, the way this works is that there is a set of NV Items that contain the strings for VZW authentication. These are not the NV Items you are referring to in QPST but are further up in the higher range of NV items used for Motorola proprietary settings.
The phone is setup so that it autowrites the default values to the Mip profile every time it boots and in the case of certain MIP items the overwrite is immediate.

This set of items contains the partial strings that the phone uses to build the full authentication strings in the standard locations in the Qualcomm NV that show in QPST service programming.

These will have to be edited to your carrier's values so the phone will then build the MIP with that configuration and make it stick.

They are as follows expressed in decimal:

8040 record 1 bytes length 128 default value in ASCII: @vzw3g.com

8041 record 1 bytes length 128 default value in ASCII: @dun.vzw3g.com

8042 record 1 bytes length 128 default value in ASCII: @dun.vzw3g.com

8043 record 1 bytes length 128 default value in ASCII: @dun.vzw3g.com

8091 record 1 bytes length 128 default value in ASCII: @vzw3g.com

You will have know what the default values for the auth strings should be and edit these accordingly and it should then add your MDN to them and fill out the MIP profile properly or at least allow you to edit it with your carrier's values.

You use the STELEM/RDELEM window in RadioComm.

I will post a screen shot showing how to use it but have a different version of RadioComm so the P2K tab is different but the function is the same.

I have to makeup a set of screenshots with 11.11.7 so that I can explain better how to use it.
The raw data from the NV items is in hex and you need to convert to ASCII so you can read it, or edit the hex data directly if you are comfortable.

When you use RadioComm it can read and write the NV without Hardware Virtual Serial Port creating a COM port.

I don't have time to do this tonight but I will tomorrow night.

RadioComm is very complex and scary and its best to be thorough to avoid problems and be able to use it safely.

Last edited:
OP
S

Soladzur

Reaction score
How to connect to the phone with RadioComm 11.11.7?
How to ensure that it properly sees the phone?
Should I use diag mode? If yes, where to get proper driver for MDM6600?

CellZealot

Reaction score
In the top left corner hit MA button and select Common/MDM6X00 chipset base.
Then hit settings and select USB/PST USB driver and P2K05 command format.
Then select the P2K4 tab. Wait till the radio detection turns green and status bar will show Motorola A956.

Make sure you are using at least the 4.72 driver set that comes with RC 11.11.7.

OP
S

Soladzur

Reaction score
I still have a driver issue.
Drivers installed with RC 11.11.7 and with Motorola drivers 4.72 and 4.8.
None of them let the PC recognize these MDM6600 devices that appear when I conect it in diag mode. :(