conference calling "merge"option missing

sepi

Reaction score
I am trying to do a conference call. The instructions say:

To start a conference call, dial the first number. After
the call connects, touch Add Call. Dial the next
number, or select it from contacts or favorites. When
the next number answers, touch Merge calls.

Well, I don't get the "Merge calls" option. Any ideas on where I can find it?

Thanks

OP
S

sepi

Reaction score
I am trying to do a conference call. The instructions say:

To start a conference call, dial the first number. After
the call connects, touch Add Call. Dial the next
number, or select it from contacts or favorites. When
the next number answers, touch Merge calls.

Well, I don't get the "Merge calls" option. Any ideas on where I can find it?

Thanks

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Please don't post twice :)
second post: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-conference-calling-merge-option-missing.html

As for your problem i've never used merged calls but i know on my d1 (assuming its similar to the set up on the d2 for confrence calls) there is a little circle that pops up in the top left hand corner that says merge calls or whatever and you can click that it's on the in call screen i get it when i dial a number then i hit the home button open the dialer again and dial a second number try that out and let me know if you have any luck and i will check back here to assist you more tomorrow

laurapalmer

Reaction score
re: merging droid calls; followup post

No, I can't do it either, nor can I find the"little circle" described by gflam.
But
My post is directed to gflam. Why whine about a second post? Not everyone is sure just what they have posted at times. Complaining only extends the list of not-helpful dialog, and if you/we skip complaining, users may be less hesitant about posting questions.
But
CAN YOU WRITE ENGLISH? I speak computer, but without capital letters and/or punctuation of some sort, your message is garbled and meaningless...sad, because you seem knowledgeable about the droid thing, and I regret not being able to decipher your input.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No, I can't do it either, nor can I find the"little circle" described by gflam.
But
My post is directed to gflam. Why whine about a second post? Not everyone is sure just what they have posted at times. Complaining only extends the list of not-helpful dialog, and if you/we skip complaining, users may be less hesitant about posting questions.
But
CAN YOU WRITE ENGLISH? I speak computer, but without capital letters and/or punctuation of some sort, your message is garbled and meaningless...sad, because you seem knowledgeable about the droid thing, and I regret not being able to decipher your input.

Um i am pretty knowledgeable actually do you see how many posts i have i am part of the beta team, an official developer, and themer i had a rom i deved for i have apps i've written i think i know a thing about android thank you very much.

What i posted is what i have i have a circle button that pops up to allow me to merge calls i just wasn't sure if he missed it i offered further assistance as well if he didn't have it i am always happy to help.

As for complaining which i believe only you are doing, cross posting is not allowed here something i have been reminded of a few times lol but all i was saying was that a mod will shut one of them down if you post multiple times it is a form of spam i was just pointing that out for his knowledge because you can get in trouble for it which i wouldn't want to see.

Now please relax and don't come attacking me over what i've posted i offered assistance and wrote what i have i don't own a droid two so i couldn't be a hundred percent sure but i am always willing to look around for people and always willing to help with anything as my track record shows. I have had a lot of followers and still do i've contributed a lot to this community so please do not attack me on my posts and supposed whining which i was not i only offered assistance as always.

Anyway as i said i will look into it for you and post back with some more suggestions

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Found this link seems it's changing from android version to android version

http://www.droid2forum.net/droid-2-how-to-with-answers/how-to-make-3-way-call-conference-call-second-call!/

First post talks about selecting menu to add a call second post talks about what i described a circular button in the top left i will keep looking for you and help you solve your problem just got a little bit of homework to take care of first today

I do also have the add call feature while in call on my d1 as well let me know if that helps