Compass calibration

unkilbeeg

Reaction score
Is there some way to calibrate the magnetometer? Any app that makes use of the compass is somewhere greater than 90 degrees off. It places the North pointer somewhat south of due east, and this seems fairly consistent between apps.

Rusted

Reaction score
Old thread, so forgive the bump, but this came up on the top of my Google search, so I am sure others will find it as well. My droid was off about 60 degrees. I was drawing figure 8's in a horizontal plane to calibrate it with no success. Then I found this video and it worked right away. Make the figure 8's on the vertical plane, as if you were drawing them on a chalk board

Video sample

[video=youtube;sP3d00Hr14o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP3d00Hr14o"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP3d00Hr14o[/video]

titans1

Reaction score
download gps status from the market then follow instructions of figure eight. i can get mine accurate to 2 meters on navi

FAD3C

Reaction score
I have seen this Thread here several times already.
Just wanted to bring it up again hoping, that someone has a another idea.

spamhood

Reaction score
I can't seem to get my compass to calibrate. I have all of my gps stuff turned and and have tried rebooting and it still wont calibrate. Could it be one of my 3rd party alps conflicting

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

hotkoko

Reaction score
I can't get mine either. Its just one of those things

Sent from my DROID PRO

kz321

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My droid 4 compass no longer works, so the orientation doesn't change at all when I use vehicle navigation. It won't "follow" the blue arrow anymore.

How do I recalibrate my compass on d4?

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

kz321

Reaction score
Nvm got it to work

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums