Coding on the go

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have recently started learning the python programming language and was wonderong about a text editor for scribing down quick snippets of code I found a program called touchqode but was wonderong if any one knew of anything related to this or has a favorite editor that they use and would like to recommend? Also is there any way to test pieces of code on a terminal emulator?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Detonation

Reaction score
Are you trying to actually write code from your phone? That just sounds painful, especially if its with a virtual keyboard.

OP

Reaction score
No I doubt I could actually write full programs with any usefullness on my droid but I could jot down quick ideas forloops write small hello world sized fuctions etcfrom the passenger seat of the car

miso@touchqode

Reaction score
Hi

I am one of the developers of touchqode.

Touchqode is meant as general purpose code and HTML editor for use on mobile phone with prospect of becoming full mobile IDE.
It is currently in early stage of development and we are open to comments and suggestions.
If you have any questions you can post them in this thread, check our webpage at http://www.touchqode.com or send them to [email protected]

As for testing your code - I would suggest using Scripting layer for android (http://code.google.com/p/android-scripting/) - you can use touchqode to edit your scripts and then run them from Scripting layer app.

Michal
touchqode.com

OP

Reaction score
Hello there ive been using touchcode since I posted this really its simply incredible so far very cool use it every day now please continue development