[CM9_D2] ICS on its way!

xm0067

Reaction score
I skim these forums regularly, and there is tons action around here, especially here in the CyanogenMod section, and over a Rootzwiki there are efforts being made for an ICS Droid 2 build.

I know you're all excited.

I just wanted to bring it to everyone's attention that they need some help, for they are still in a pre-Alpha stage, without even a bootable ROM.

The link to the thread is below:
http://rootzwiki.com/topic/11390-cm9...22#entry278822

If anyone with a working knowledge of Android and a Linux computer could donate some time and effort, I'm positive the rest of the community would be ecstatic.

skruid

Reaction score
They are working a droid 2 global ics rom also, that boots, you can make phone calls and text, but no 3g data, pretty much when they get the data fixed it will be an alpha build, basically is anyways

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

RJT185

Reaction score
Would anyone following up on CM9_D2 progress provide us with an update? From the threads and DEV_THREADS it seems there's a couple different projects, is there a particular one that the D2 community seems to be following or are they all working together?

havens1515

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they're all working together, and right now they're kinda at a stand-still. They're trying to work out some very basic issues right now with building and booting :(

RJT185

Reaction score
Seems the issues are directly related to OMAP3, that'll take tons of work.

americanz

Reaction score
is there a build with working data yet? bionic has it, razr has it ,d2g has it... just wondering

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
Yep there sure is, and I'm using it too. Check out the thread on this forum.

Sent from my Droid R2D2 running Cm9

dudemansir

Reaction score
It's working pretty well and the system is gorgeous. Plan to be tethered to an outlet though, battery performance is awful.