DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
20120226-120218.jpg
20120226-115804.jpg
20120226-120245.jpg

Droid Charge users will be happy to learn that the CyanogenMod flavor of Ice Cream Sandwich has made it to their devices! Thanks to the hard work of developer "jt1134" who has put much effort into putting together this Alpha KANG PORT! Who needs the manufacturers and carriers to update their device when we have awesome devs! So far I would not call this a daily driver. This has lots of things functioning but some of the critical elements are still not ready. However it is still awesome to see this kind of progress being made on one of the first LTE devices for Verizon!

What works in this Alpha build:
Phone calls and sms work, wifi, gps, touchscreen is working and multitouch seems to be working as well, audio, sdcard, HW buttons, video playback youtube/netflix/ect, HW acceleration, sensors accelerometer/gyro/proximity, and the headphonejack

What does not work in this Alpah build:
1x/3G/4Gdata, MMS, bluetooth, camera/camcorder, usb mass storage, hdmi out, auto brightness

The missing features will cripple this Rom for now but the developer is working hard to get these resolved! So this should be a daily driver before you know it. The reason for Alpha releases is to get feedback from testers if you can test and would like to see a more functional version of CM9 for the Charge I would suggest grabbing the Rom from the link below!

Grab the Rom here Via Rootzwiki

npro1464

Reaction score
If they put a stable version out with working data, I just might pick one up from Craigslist. My Thunderbolt is boring the hell out of me and is still ICS-less!!

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
If they put a stable version out with working data, I just might pick one up from Craigslist. My Thunderbolt is boring the hell out of me and is still ICS-less!!

The bolt has the same crippled ROM as this, and actual working ICS ROMs should be available in the not too distant future.

sent from my bolt

geoff5093

Reaction score
HTC promised us ICS, so it shouldn't be much longer now.

npro1464

Reaction score
The bolt has the same crippled ROM as this, and actual working ICS ROMs should be available in the not too distant future.

sent from my bolt

I know, I just can't believe ICS has been ported over to the Droid Pro and Droid 2 but a working version has yet to be released on the Bolt. I know the devs working on this are working hard. I guess I'm bitter by the sudden drop in support for the Bolt. I know the Charge support is much worse, but maybe it will hold me over til January when I get my upgrade.

geoff5093

Reaction score
I know, I just can't believe ICS has been ported over to the Droid Pro and Droid 2 but a working version has yet to be released on the Bolt. I know the devs working on this are working hard. I guess I'm bitter by the sudden drop in support for the Bolt. I know the Charge support is much worse, but maybe it will hold me over til January when I get my upgrade.
It's because the Thunderbolt has a 4G radio, which from my understanding is the hold up. Once HTC releases ICS for the TB devs will finally get the radio working.