Droid X joins in the CM9 fun!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-from-the-forums.jpg

Developer 13thAngel is at it again bringing ICS to the devices that many of us are holding out on till the our upgrades come around. We should be able to enjoy ICS too right! The DroidX has seen a few beta builds of ICS such as the Encounter and Shadow Roms, but we haven't seen much from those two roms lately. 13thAngel has stepped up to provide us with his build of CM9 for the DroidX!

dxics2-168x300.png
dxics-168x300.png

With this Rom being in Beta everything is not guaranteed to work. What has been tested and is known to work is wifi, sensors, and GPS. What should be working includes CDMA radio, Audio, USB, SDcard, 2D and 3D HW acceleration, DSP Manager, 1% battery, charging, bluetooth, and adb. What is known not to work includes Camera, Youtube only working on high quality but no low quality, charge only mode.

Install like any other DX Rom just be sure to flash Gapps in the same session. This Rom is mostly working, looks great, and is worth a flash.

Grab the Rom here and discuss!

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I've been on EncounterICS since beta 2 (when the radio started working) and am loving it. I will definitely give this one a shot and see how 4.0.3 CM9 does on it. Good to see another dev is helping to keep a great phone going.

loki993

Reaction score
I've been on EncounterICS since beta 2 (when the radio started working) and am loving it. I will definitely give this one a shot and see how 4.0.3 CM9 does on it. Good to see another dev is helping to keep a great phone going.

Ive been running it on my D2 for a week or so now, I came from encounter as well. Its nice but be prepared the battery life is ....well....terrible. Which for me is kind of a surprise considering I though they just took encounters build and added the new features. Not trying to steer you away because its great, just don't expect anything remotely close to the battery life you were getting in firstencounters ROM