cm9 on 4.5.621

s_cuttic

Reaction score
I'm rooted on .621 and I'm bored with my droid x. I wanna try CM9 but I don't know if I need to do anything special or just boot into recovery and wipe cache and system data and then flash the rom and google apps.

Also, can anyone tell me or point me to a site that lists what does/doesn't work on the rom. Last rom I used was Darkslide X.

If I don't like CM9, how would I go back to 2.3.4/ 4.5.621, just do a sbf?

My reason for wanting to try CM9 is because my phone is lagging and freezes up occasionally. I haven't used Darkslide X since the latest update for the droid x came out.

Thanks for any info/help!

Last edited:
OP
S

s_cuttic

Reaction score
I flashed it no problem and I kinda like it but I Los just about all of my contacts. I guess they used to be synced to the phone and not my Google account, which is odd. Is there any way to get them back? I had this problem when I flashed other rom's but going back to stock or a blur rom like Darkslide I'd get them back. Maybe it's something to do with the "new" backup assistant plus. Any thoughts on recovering them without restoring a backup?

leftspin

Reaction score
I flashed it no problem and I kinda like it but I Los just about all of my contacts. I guess they used to be synced to the phone and not my Google account, which is odd. Is there any way to get them back? I had this problem when I flashed other rom's but going back to stock or a blur rom like Darkslide I'd get them back. Maybe it's something to do with the "new" backup assistant plus. Any thoughts on recovering them without restoring a backup?

If they're synced to your Google account just make sure that your contacts are set to sync in Settings>Accounts and Sync. Select the account and check off "Sync Contacts" if it isn't already. If that's done and your contacts still won't sync then they might be synced with a different account or you might have had them saved to local storage

OP
S

s_cuttic

Reaction score
I have it checked to sync to my Gmail account. I even tried to sync it manually, which is does, but none of my contacts transfer to my phone. If I log into the backup assistant website, all of my contacts are listed. I try clicking" sync to phone" but all it does is send me a text saying //F1 TYPE=SAS;UI=1;CONT=0,0,1; I exported my contacts to the computer as a .csv file but when I try to import it from in the people app, it says no .csv file found. I guess I'll just enter allbtje contacts manually but it's just odd that it won't sync them to my phone.

Savagerun

Reaction score
Here's a link on how it's done
http://cellphoneforums.net/htc-droi...erizon-backup-assistant-droid-incredible.html it's for a different phone but that doesn't matter. You could probably make a backup of the rom your on now and if you made a backup of your previous rom just restore that and sync your contacts with your gmail account then restore the rom your on now and you should be able to get your contacts back. Never lost my contacts so just giving you some ideas.
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
S

s_cuttic

Reaction score
Thanks for all your help. I finally got my contacts. I exported them from the backup assistant website but this time I chose the file type and selected 3.0 and it saved as .vcd and the people app imported them without a problem.

Now if I could only do something about the keyboard. It's small and I make a million spelling errors. It's almost as bad as an iphone

leftspin

Reaction score
Thanks for all your help. I finally got my contacts. I exported them from the backup assistant website but this time I chose the file type and selected 3.0 and it saved as .vcd and the people app imported them without a problem.

Now if I could only do something about the keyboard. It's small and I make a million spelling errors. It's almost as bad as an iphone

Check out Swiftkey X Keyboard, you can get it from the Play Store