CM9 Beta over EncounterICS

foxky

Reaction score
I was in a bit of a hurry this morning and flashed this over EncounterICS (big mistake). After the red M, the screen just goes black. No boot ani, and after waiting for at least 20 minutes nothing happens. I can't get into recovery or the bootloader or anything. Can I fix this or no?

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you should be able to fix it... but you'll have to sbf...
how are you trying to get into bootloader mode?

this is pretty normal when going from a rom such as encounter to cm9(i'll elaborate a bit)
with encounter... it has the boot menu... and when switching from a rom with the boot menu... to a rom with out the boot menu... problems are common... and that's just what's going on here

OP
F

foxky

Reaction score
you should be able to fix it... but you'll have to sbf...
how are you trying to get into bootloader mode?

this is pretty normal when going from a rom such as encounter to cm9(i'll elaborate a bit)
with encounter... it has the boot menu... and when switching from a rom with the boot menu... to a rom with out the boot menu... problems are common... and that's just what's going on here

I see. I can't exactly remember how to get into the bootloader either, iirc it's Power+Vol Down + Home or something like that. What should I sbf to? I looked around and couldn't really find anything anymore, I haven't been on here in months so I'm out of the loop

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
to get into bootloader mode... hold power button + both volume keys + camera...
and as far as which file... sbf to 602/605... the only difference is 605 has a fix for the stock keyboard.. and that's it...
if you enjoy root... and flashing roms... like your doing... stay away from 621... it breaks root... and ability to flash to and earlier version...(there is a way to side step it... and get it rooted... but it's better to say on 605/602... that's where all the development is at....

OP
F

foxky

Reaction score
to get into bootloader mode... hold power button + both volume keys + camera...
and as far as which file... sbf to 602/605... the only difference is 605 has a fix for the stock keyboard.. and that's it...
if you enjoy root... and flashing roms... like your doing... stay away from 621... it breaks root... and ability to flash to and earlier version...(there is a way to side step it... and get it rooted... but it's better to say on 605/602... that's where all the development is at....

Alright, I'll try that right now. I'll let you know how it goes

OP
F

foxky

Reaction score
Finally got CM9 on my damn phone. Thanks for the help fella, I appreciate it!

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Finally got CM9 on my damn phone. Thanks for the help fella, I appreciate it!

Any time... That's why I'm here...lol

"I'll get you my little pretty... And your little dog todo too"
"I don't even have a little dog todo"