Cm7 reliable?

Cheepjeep

Reaction score
Just a quick question is cm7 reliable, with no issues yet (ie battery, signal issues and is it stable, without any fc issue) I'm wanting to try I just don't have a lot of time on my hands to set it up if I can't make full use of it.

Drooooiddd 2

louy99

Reaction score
Reliable is an understatement. Go for it! Battery isn't awesome but its long enough

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
C

Cheepjeep

Reaction score
How unimpressive is battery life? And are there any special things I need to do other than just flash the rom? Like sbf back to stock froyo or can I go from liberty 2.0.1

Drooooiddd 2

louy99

Reaction score
I can go 8 hrs on a charge. Sometimes less if I use it a lot. I went straighht from lib 2.0.1 myself. I downloaded rom manager premium from the market and loaded it from there. There are other ways, that's just the way I did it.

OP
C

Cheepjeep

Reaction score
Ok thanks alot man I have rom toolbox pro ( formerly lib toolbox)

Drooooiddd 2

louy99

Reaction score
Not that one. Look up rom manager in the market

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
You can download the unofficial releases of CM7 that include a battery fix at revnumbers.info. battery fix has not yet made it to the official nightlies yet but are in the works.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
C

Cheepjeep

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help everybody I might give it a shot this weekend

Drooooiddd 2

Taegost

Reaction score
I like it so far, pretty smooth and stable. The battery issue isn't a big one for me, I have an extended battery and almost always have it plugged in because I'm using Pandora and/or GPS. I wish the Bluetooth voice dialing worked though, it's something I used a lot, but the other fixes make up for it.

Khiraji

Reaction score
I've also been curious about CM7. Heard nothing but awesome things for as long as I've been hearing about CM (before my official Android days, many moons ago...) and the idea of having it on my own device is intriguing indeed. Might just have to take the plunge!

OP
C

Cheepjeep

Reaction score
Think I'm gonna give it a shot tomorrow

Drooooiddd 2