CM7 nightlies, CM7GB, Rom Manager -- help

brianjcohen

Reaction score
I'm a little confused and was hoping someone could help me out. I'm currently running Build #63 of the CM7 nightlies, I had been keeping up with the nightlies via ROM Manager until 8/31 when the new nightlies just stopped. I checked the CM7-D2 changelog (CyanogenMod nightlies changelog for Cdma_droid2) and it looks like there hasn't been a new nightly since #63. However it seems like the (beta?) CM7-GB release is out, and the instructions I've seen in the threads here and on rootzwiki suggest that I have to manually SBF back to Froyo, then manually update.zip up to the GB OTA, then manually root, then manually update.zip to CM7FB.

Is CM7GB ever coming to ROM Manager? If it did, would I still need to SBF back to Froyo and up to OTA in order to use ROM Manager to track CM7GB going forward? Will the nightly builds be resuming, or are they stopped because of the CM7GB release?

I need to do something because wifi is absolutely jacked in this build I'm running.

Thanks in advance!

tl;dr: Stuck on nightly #63, no updates for a month, what should I do?

Last edited:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
There have not been any nightly updates in a while because kernel.org got hacked which is where android source is located/posted. It has held many devs up from being able to put out newer builds. Last I heard they were working on getting it back up but I am not sure when. And the GB version will be official at some point (again everything has been help up) and when it is it will be in ROM Manager I am sure. From what I have read the intention is to have a kernel updater built into it, almost like an all-in-one so SBFing, taking an OTA, and Re-rooting will not be necessary.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Of course just to double check I looked to see if nightlies were available for the DX and they are as well as other devices. So I am not sure why there are not for the D2 right now.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm a little confused and was hoping someone could help me out. I'm currently running Build #63 of the CM7 nightlies, I had been keeping up with the nightlies via ROM Manager until 8/31 when the new nightlies just stopped. I checked the CM7-D2 changelog (CyanogenMod nightlies changelog for Cdma_droid2) and it looks like there hasn't been a new nightly since #63. However it seems like the (beta?) CM7-GB release is out, and the instructions I've seen in the threads here and on rootzwiki suggest that I have to manually SBF back to Froyo, then manually update.zip up to the GB OTA, then manually root, then manually update.zip to CM7FB.

Is CM7GB ever coming to ROM Manager? If it did, would I still need to SBF back to Froyo and up to OTA in order to use ROM Manager to track CM7GB going forward? Will the nightly builds be resuming, or are they stopped because of the CM7GB release?

I need to do something because wifi is absolutely jacked in this build I'm running.

Thanks in advance!

tl;dr: Stuck on nightly #63, no updates for a month, what should I do?

The upgrade processes will be the same, regardless of where you get the builds from. You will have to sbf to froyo and do the GB ota, then apply the CM7 CM7GB build and google apps.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
The upgrade processes will be the same, regardless of where you get the builds from. You will have to sbf to froyo and do the GB ota, then apply the CM7 CM7GB build and google apps.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Have they decided against doing the "all-in-one" style updater I have read about or is that a DX only thing?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Haven't heard anything on that in a while either way...

Ok cool. Just wondering. I know it was mentioned in the CMGB thread for the X on RW but other then it being mentioned in there I am not positive either. I believe it was Rev who brought it up but again it was in passing.