Cm7 Locked out after enabling pin please help?

darkmetal

Reaction score
Please help i enabled the security Pin and now im locked out of my phone since it didn't create teh pin i told it to? I have no way to access my phone! Iv tried to get into android recovery, it wont load up.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Did you install the CM7 patched BSR? If so just shut the phone off and plug it into a wall charger.

If not turn the phone off. Hold volume down + power until "fastboot" appears at the top. Press volume down 7 times until it says android recovery. Press volume up. At the ! Screen press volume up + volume down at the same time to enter stock recovery.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
D

darkmetal

Reaction score
Did you install the CM7 patched BSR? If so just shut the phone off and plug it into a wall charger.

If not turn the phone off. Hold volume down + power until "fastboot" appears at the top. Press volume down 7 times until it says android recovery. Press volume up. At the ! Screen press volume up + volume down at the same time to enter stock recovery.

Yes i do have batch BSR everything was working fine until i enabled the lock screen pin on the CM7 and it got locked out and can't get passed the lock screen. I have got into the Android recovery screen from pressnig the top power and the buttom volume down button. I have to options Wipe date/ factory reset and Wipe cache im not sure what i should do?

For some reason when i plugged in my charger clockwork mod wasn't loading by just the charger being plugged in, so that why i was trying to get into android recovery, but i not sure what option is best to fix this issue. At this point im ok with starting over cm7 fresh i have two back up of my phone kernals.

thank you for replying so fast i hope we can figure this out!

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Wipe data. It will reset your phone though so you'll lose all of your information.

OP
D

darkmetal

Reaction score
Wipe data. It will reset your phone though so you'll lose all of your information.

wipe data/ factory reset or wipe cache or both? Also when i wipe data how can i restore cm7 at this point? Reinstall the whole rom? what im saying is what should i do after i wipe data/ factory reset? I'm just making sure i do this because i don't want to break my phone any more than it already is at this point.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Won't hurt to do both. If i remember correctly CM7 should still be there after the wipe, you'll just have to activate the phone again.

Worst comes to worst just SBF if you get stuck but I don't see that happening. Post back.

OP
D

darkmetal

Reaction score
Won't hurt to do both. If i remember clrrectly CM7 should still be there after the wipe, you'll just have to activate the phone again.

Ok sounds good ill let you know how it goes thank again.

Its formating / data i hope this work or im thinking i might have to flash the whole rom again and install the gapps, cm7, and patch Bsr

n/m wipeing data works perfectly only bad part is i have to reset my phone up but thank man your life saver! I take the security pin on cm7 is broken?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Shouldn't be broken. Never heard of anyone having issues with it until now.:p. Try it again before you set everything up. If it doesn't work again you won't lose anything so just wipe data again.

OP
D

darkmetal

Reaction score
Shouldn't be broken. Never heard of anyone having issues with it until now.:p. Try it again before you set everything up. If it doesn't work again you won't lose anything so just wipe data again.

Hmm maybe i didn't set it up right? I went into the CM settings and found the lock screen and enabled it, but there was never a place to type in the pin. I type in the pin in the android security setting, so i thought the CM7 lock screen was that pin. How did you setup your pin through cm7?

Looks like Im still rooted with superuser and i just reinstalled the patch bsr which is the CM7.bootstrap.signed.apk file that install before. Not sure why it didn't load into recovery when i plugged in the charger tho. I guess you have to enable it before you reboot?

I think i might just used third part locker like go or something, so i don't run into this problem and im for sure making a backup of my cm7 rom all setup so i wont have this problem again!

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
I've never personally used the pin. I always just used the slide to unlock option. So I can't help you there, sorry.

About CM7 recovery, yea you have to enable it. Install it, open "cm7 system recovery" app press the install option and then plug into a wall charger and press the recovery mode option. Then from now on anytime it is off you can simply plug in to the charger and it will boot to recovery.