GO Locker PIN Not Securely Implemented - Or Is It?

Reaction score
Greetings. I tried searching for this but I couldn't find the answer, so please excuse me if this has been answered already.

First, the background: I have a Bionic (rooted, not that it matters for this), on .902. I have GO Launcher and GO Locker installed. I enabled GO Locker with the "Outside" theme and I also enabled the PIN feature. On a number of my home screens I use HD Widgets for contacts and other assorted things. I did not enable the OS PIN feature, just the GO Locker PIN feature.

When I first enabled GO Locker's PIN feature I rebooted the phone to test it. I use the GO contacts widget and HD Widgets, all of which take a while to load even after the phone has fully booted, and I noticed that the GO Locker PIN feature does not enable until after the other widgets are fully loaded. This effectively defeats the GO Locker's PIN feature's security, thereby rendering my phone accessible for a period of time to unauthorized access upon a fresh boot/reboot of the phone. Since I ran into this problem I disabled GO Locker and enabled the OS PIN feature instead.

EDIT: The contact widget is actually the GO contact widget. The issue still stands - I need the PIN feature in GO Locker to be first in line in the app boot sequence.

Has anyone encountered this before? If so, can you please provide me a link to the discussion? And if this is a known issue, what is the work-around? Is there a way for me to assign GO Locker a higher priority in the app boot sequence (preferably first)?

Last edited: