locking down applications

Yes i failed

Reaction score
im new to this website and i just recently got a moto droid. iv tried searching everywhere online and on this site but i cant find the answer.
it seems that i cant sign out of my gmail account...meaning anyone that borrows my phone can go through my email and any other personal app (facebook myspace) thats on my phone. how can i lock down apps and make them require a pin# to run for example? is there an app you can download that can help do this? iv searched the app store and had no luck.
thankss

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
im new to this website and i just recently got a moto droid. iv tried searching everywhere online and on this site but i cant find the answer.
it seems that i cant sign out of my gmail account...meaning anyone that borrows my phone can go through my email and any other personal app (facebook myspace) thats on my phone. how can i lock down apps and make them require a pin# to run for example? is there an app you can download that can help do this? iv searched the app store and had no luck.
thankss
going into settings location and security. set a lock pattern and no one else can unlock your phone.

OP
Y

Yes i failed

Reaction score
the thread was titled locking down applications. not the phone. im aware of locking down the phone. maybe i want my friends family girlfriend etc to be able to borrow my phone play games on it etc. but i dont want them in my email facebook messages etc.
i want to know how to lock individual applications.
thanks

sockmess

Reaction score
going into settings location and security. set a lock pattern and no one else can unlock your phone.

besides anyone can unlock the phone, just look for the trial on the glass and follow it. we really need fingerprint proof glass.

Stretch2m

Reaction score
Search the Market for:

"App Protector"

There is a trial version to see if you like it, and the full version is only a couple dollars.

get quad

Reaction score
App Protector is worth every penny, you can lock down whatever you wish and requiring an unlock pattern makes it even more sweet.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
You might want to look at both "Protector" and "App Protector." They function a bit differently despite the fact that they appear to be almost identical.

Apparently, there was some falling out among developers of the application that has led to competing versions of the product.

I may be mistaken (it's happened before) but I believe the two apps differ slightly in terms of the security provided to prevent the app itself from being defeated. It's also the case that the paid versions are more secure than the free versions.

P.S. Whatever you decide to do, this functionality is absolutely essential for many business users. It's great to see that the Market has finally provided a way to lock access to individual applications.