CM7 dropping EVDO (3G) at random times at full signal levels

xmguy

Reaction score
I've had issues on Stock with EV dropping off and needing a reboot or airplane mode. But it was few and far between. However on CM7 (latest as of post) Mine has dropped EV atleast 4-5 times a day. Showing data going up nothing coming down. Running the latest radio .13P. Latest fixes and patches applied too. Ideas?

iamkimosabi

Reaction score
This has happened to me so many times, and nobody had a good answer for this. It has never been fixed, and CM7 is still in the beginning stages, so there are TONS of bugs. So I decided to go back to Liberty Gingerbread. I haven't had a Data/wifi/signal issue yet. :D Guess I will wait for CM7 to get finished as a stable rom.

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
I'm trying to reflash the .13P radio. If that doesn't work, I'm reverting to stock til CM7 is a bit more cooked.

akappy332

Reaction score
I've had issues on Stock with EV dropping off and needing a reboot or airplane mode. But it was few and far between. However on CM7 (latest as of post) Mine has dropped EV atleast 4-5 times a day. Showing data going up nothing coming down. Running the latest radio .13P. Latest fixes and patches applied too. Ideas?

I've had the same issue since cm7 came out. Last night i flashed the 12p radio and i haven't had an issue all day. Usually i lose my wifi and 3g 5-10 times a day. So for now i recommend giving 12p radio a chance.

catfisher

Reaction score
Where does one find a radio update? Also, where do you figure out what radio you have?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

cubsfan187

Reaction score
Have you tried running CM7 on the GB kernel yet? Not a problem with the signal anymore. And batt life is way better too!