20 Sec Fix for the 3G Signal Drop Issue.

Arsenicpop

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this might have been mentioned but, here goes.

There is an app floating around on the market that "fixes" the dreaded 3G drop off into 1x. The app itself takes the phone into Airplane mode. It has the right idea, but, the way it goes about it is wrong. As it quickly goes into the Airplane mode, then shifts back to normal, but this doesn't fix the issue. It got me thinking, what if it just needs a little bit more time to refresh the 3G network connection. So I tried it out manually. Went into settings, Wireless & Networks, then turned Airplane mode on for 20 seconds then, turned Airplane mode back off, and BAM back up to full 3G. Iv'e tested it out at lest 5 times now with the same result. So next time some one is having that annoying issue, try this and post back to tell me if it works. Maybe then some one can re-do that app to make it wait about 20 secs or so before it changes back to normal connection.

Thanks.

sereneDelusions

Reaction score
I always do this when my connection has a delayed response. Hold power button and put it in airplane mode to reset things. Never really thought of an app doing it for me though.

Droidfish

Reaction score
There's also 1x1 airplane mode widgets that you can drop on your homescreen if it's an issue you deal with frequently. I know beautiful widgets has one, there are many options in the market as well.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Yeah i lose 3g a lot at work, so i keep the beautiful widgets airplane mode widget on my homescreen to switch it on/off. I have also found it to work more reliably if i leave it in airplane mode for a little bit, i probably do about 10 seconds.