Droid x constantly losing 3G and going to 1x

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
I don't know what's going on with my dx but its constanlty losing 3G. It goes from 3G to 1x then back to 3G then repeats. I heard a claim from verizon saying they were going to take on iphone users and channel data or something. Is that whats causing poor 3G signal? My dx use to get good reception now it just acts like crap. It's real annoying when im on youtube watching a video then it goes to 1x and I have to rewatch the whole video. A temporary fix for it I have to use is turn airplane mode on and off. Anyone know how to stop my dx from doing this?

Swyped from the best phone in verizon's line up

barski

Reaction score
I know a guy that had the same problem with a couple of Droid X's. He just kept sending it in and getting a certified like new replacement.

Is it in one area or is it everywhere?

Also try *228 then press 1, then do it again and press 2. im sure you tried this but it might help others who have the problem.

Last edited:
OP
Droid annoymous

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
I know a guy that had the same problem with a couple of Droid X's. He just kept sending it in and getting a certified like new replacement.

Is it in one area or is it in anywhere?

Also try *228 then press 1, then do it again and press 2. im sure you tried this but it might help others who have the problem.

It seems to happen in my room and it didnt do that before

Swyped from the best phone in verizon's line up

eurosteve

Reaction score

Is it in one area or is it everywhere?

I'm having the same problem in terms of spending too much time in 1x. So it's okay to press 1 to activate and program even if I'm already activated?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I experience the same on my D1 but it's so bad I can't even begin to load a youtube video - if I don't automatically drop to 1x then I stay on 3G and the operation just times out...quite frustrating having a smart phone without decent service -

Litrekid

Reaction score
I just sbf`d back to stock and im having this problem as well. Cant seem to figure it out. Any suggestions would be great.

qqeyes

Reaction score
I suggest for any problems relating to your radio you call your carrier and request a replacement.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
If your area is getting 4g soon then it will cause issues with your 3g

Litrekid

Reaction score
This all just started. I was on GB and sbf`d back to reload GB to try and clearup some issues and this one come up. Now it is happening on stock and liberty 1.5. Very frustrating.