CM6 final and widget problem

naman919

Reaction score
I'm having problems with widgets, specifically foursquare and doggcatcher.

After installing and adding the widget, when i reboot CM6 doesnt recognize the widget and says problem loading. If i delete the widget and try to re add it, FS or DC dont even show up in the widget list. The apps are in the drawer and work when opened.

Only fix is to uninstall and reinstall the apps and then the widgets will be in the widget list again and work properly.

Then the cycle happens again.

Anyone else?

I put a clean CM6 final on after a wipe, etc.

Z

ZeroBarrier

Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Foursquare/DoggCatcher > Move to Phone > Reboot.

Widgets do not work from any app installed/moved to the SD card.

OP
naman919

naman919

Reaction score
Thanks. That worked.

Odd though, bc with Sapphire and other roms with apps on the SD it didnt matter.

Oh well, thanks again.

Z

ZeroBarrier

Thanks. That worked.

Odd though, bc with Sapphire and other roms with apps on the SD it didnt matter.

Oh well, thanks again.

Ae you sure about that, because I doubt that to be the case. Think about it, the Launcher loads before the SD card does when the phone boots up; the Launcher loads and doesn't find the app for a specific widget and thus errors out the widget on your home screen.

I haven't used any Froyo ROM that was able to use app widgets from apps residing on the SD card; the only time I can remember that being a possibility was on older CM ROMs when they used the SD partition method of the older A2SD.