Cm 6.1 rc2 ??

droidkevlar

Reaction score
Increased VM heap size to 32m in performance settings fixed the problem.

I suggest this and setting up compcache for everyone flashing RC2. Setting up compcache can be a pain, but it's WELL worth it.

If I stay with the stock kernel, to get compcache to work, is it just in the CM settings and then reboot and I am set? Or is there more needed? And which size do you recommend and why? I am currently with the default(18%) and default for VM heap of 24m.

captdroid

Reaction score

I suggest this and setting up compcache for everyone flashing RC2. Setting up compcache can be a pain, but it's WELL worth it.

If I stay with the stock kernel, to get compcache to work, is it just in the CM settings and then reboot and I am set? Or is there more needed? And which size do you recommend and why? I am currently with the default(18%) and default for VM heap of 24m.

I increased the VM heap size to 32m because I could see in aLogcat logging there was an error after firing up the My Verizon app indicating it needed a larger VM heap size. That fixed My Verizon app from FC on startup.

GohanBurner

Reaction score
I need a release that I can use Kernel's in because the Playstation emulator needs at least 1.25GHz to run "smooth". I play all the time. I love it. So, does anyone know if any Kernels work with this release that DON'T wipe out WiFI?

jerroedr

Reaction score

compcache isnt too bad.
dl the patch
dl a compcache kernel
type the start command. itll give a weird error that means its on by my best guess
to make sure, check in set cpu to see if swap cached swaptotal and swap free. if any are showing values your in good shape.

then its a simple text edit using root explorer to make it turn on all the time.

well worth the five or so minutes

droidkevlar

Reaction score

compcache isnt too bad.
dl the patch
dl a compcache kernel
type the start command. itll give a weird error that means its on by my best guess
to make sure, check in set cpu to see if swap cached swaptotal and swap free. if any are showing values your in good shape.

then its a simple text edit using root explorer to make it turn on all the time.

where is this patch you speak of? i am usiong the stock kernel and cant get it to work so im hoping this patch will get it working. thanks

jerroedr

Reaction score

compcache isnt too bad.
dl the patch
dl a compcache kernel

where is this patch you speak of? i am usiong the stock kernel and cant get it to work so im hoping this patch will get it working. thanks

Froyo Kernels by slayher - CyanogenMod Forum
its under what it says v 1.6 has... theres also a "stock one" for dl

droidkevlar

Reaction score
Thanks. Flashed the "stock" one with his compcache patch and it is now working.

bmoss427

Reaction score
on cm6.1 rc2 and emails won't send from gmail... any help. going back to 6.0 in the meantime. tried everything.
b

droidkevlar

Reaction score
on cm6.1 rc2 and emails won't send from gmail... any help. going back to 6.0 in the meantime. tried everything.
b

Did you try clearing the data for gmail app? Im not having any issues sending email but I also came from a clean wipe. Did you?

bmoss427

Reaction score
Did a "wipe data and cache" coming from 6.0 to 6.1. Did not going from 6.1 to 6.2, but the dates look like it hasn't sent anything since moving to 6.1 when I did a wipe. Is there a way to just wipe gmail?

droidkevlar

Reaction score
Did a "wipe data and cache" coming from 6.0 to 6.1. Did not going from 6.1 to 6.2, but the dates look like it hasn't sent anything since moving to 6.1 when I did a wipe. Is there a way to just wipe gmail?

Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> All -> Gmail
Hit clear data. Then load gmail again. It will close on you as its reloading everything. If you had any emails sitting in outgoing, cancel those out and try again. This has worked for me every time.

bmoss427

Reaction score
Oh yeah! Got it. Settings-applications-gmail-clear data! Thank you! Back to 6.2!

droidkevlar

Reaction score
Np. Enjoy. And if you are feeling brave, there is a nightly 165 release which seems newer than RC2.

bmoss427

Reaction score
I noticed that, although now when I click on Cyano... it says problem loading list.. ?