Cm 6.1 rc2 ??

rabbitfoot

Reaction score
so if you already rewrote the file to get compcache to start every boot up what does that mean when i update to rc2?

you'll have to rewrite the file(s) again. the init.d files get overwritten in the update. <-- *edit* hold on, that may not be true. let me check to see if the setting has been fixed ;)

best,
rf

DroidHoff

Reaction score
Enjoying this release much more than the RC1 debacle! The 6.1 Builds definitely feel much more fluid and a hair quicker than the 6.0 Builds.

jerroedr

Reaction score
so if you already rewrote the file to get compcache to start every boot up what does that mean when i update to rc2?

you'll have to rewrite the file(s) again. the init.d files get overwritten in the update. <-- *edit* hold on, that may not be true. let me check to see if the setting has been fixed ;)

best,
rf

thanks a bunch. also what about the gapps?

rabbitfoot

Reaction score

best,
rf

compcache isn't working upon boot for me. anybody else?

best,
rf

thanks a bunch. also what about the gapps?

they've been re-uploaded so one must assume they've been updated, however, i downloaded the gapps from rom manager last night. was there a typo in the .zip? it read 2010.09.30 rather than 2010.10.30.

best,
rf

Last edited:

jerroedr

Reaction score
wtf! with 6.1.1 i couldnt install weatherbug and banking apps, now i cant even find them in the market!

woot fixed it!

Last edited:

Doc_PT

Reaction score
Love RC2 but I'm still having market troubles. Can't find apps that I know exist - any quick fix? Coming from RC1 and did flash the apps when installing from clockwork

jerroedr

Reaction score
what i did was dl the newest app pack install it with recovery, then in settings/applications clear data and cache and then force close market and all should be well:icon_ banana:

Doc_PT

Reaction score
what i did was dl the newest app pack install it with recovery, then in settings/applications clear data and cache and then force close market and all should be well:icon_ banana:

Fixed it - thanks a lot!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Just downloaded the .zip file from Koushes site... Can I just rename the file to update.zip and install using SPR? Do I also need the gapps file?
Last time I used ROM manager was right after the FRG22D OTA and it kept re-installing the stock recovery so I switched back to SPR and the Motocache rooting files.
Has ROM manager been updated to avoid the automatic installation of stock recovery at boot?
Standard update.zip install, same with the Google app pack. :) ROM, then app pack, nandroid backup, kernel (if you want).

Oh, and if you feel like getting compcache running it's well worth it.

captdroid

Reaction score
Took the Cyanogen mod plunge! Fired up ROM Manager, downloaded Cyanogen 6.1 RC2 and Google apps, then selected backup current ROM (my trusty Sapphire 1.1.1) and wipe data/cache. Phone then rebooted into clockworkmod and backed up, wiped data/cache and installed CM. Logged into google, phone proceeded to sync and automatically downloaded and installed 57 of 58 my market apps. The one app that did not restore was terminal emulator by Jack Palevich (getting "install unsuccessful" on that one).

Wow! I mean WOW! Does this ROM have customization options or what... AMAZING!!! :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

This is what a custom ROM should be!

Unfortunately :( The My Verizon app is force closing on this ROM using the stock kernel or even Slayers kernel. Tried clearing the data for the app, reinstalling, making sure it is not on the SDcard, etc. Force close. Reverting back to Sapphire 1.1.1 for now. I can't have apps force closing that I know should work.

Increased VM heap size to 32m in performance settings fixed the problem.

captdroid

Reaction score
Increased VM heap size to 32m in performance settings fixed the problem.

I suggest this and setting up compcache for everyone flashing RC2. Setting up compcache can be a pain, but it's WELL worth it.

When I had compcache enabled in Sapphire, after a day or two things would start to slow down (is a known problem with compcache and Sapphire 1.1.1). What has been your experience with compcache enabled on CM? I am running slayher kernel v1.6.

Last edited: