CM 10.1 Maserati not booting?- Easy question

local444

Reaction score
Hey all,

I tried to run a recent CM 10.1 Rom (Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mhmmrku5e4x8boj/hbd5BE-Nae, found from [ROM][JB 4.1.2]Hashcode's Unofficial AOKP for Droid 4 [LATEST BUILD 11-10] - Page 12 - xda-developers) and along with it I flashed the jb-gapps found in the dropbox link above.

I wiped everything beforehand, and once I flashed the ROM and the Gapps, I tried to boot into it but after I pressed search to pass Safestrap (Running 2.11 i'm pretty sure) it would not boot, just be stuck with a blank screen. I left it there for about 8 minutes before giving up and rebooting and flashing my D4HD ROM again.

What did I do wrong? I'm very eager to taste some CM

kwyrt

Reaction score
Hey all,

I tried to run a recent CM 10.1 Rom (Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mhmmrku5e4x8boj/hbd5BE-Nae, found from [ROM][JB 4.1.2]Hashcode's Unofficial AOKP for Droid 4 [LATEST BUILD 11-10] - Page 12 - xda-developers) and along with it I flashed the jb-gapps found in the dropbox link above.

I wiped everything beforehand, and once I flashed the ROM and the Gapps, I tried to boot into it but after I pressed search to pass Safestrap (Running 2.11 i'm pretty sure) it would not boot, just be stuck with a blank screen. I left it there for about 8 minutes before giving up and rebooting and flashing my D4HD ROM again.

What did I do wrong? I'm very eager to taste some CM

Pretty sure those are the wrong gapps for CM10. Not CM10.1. Get the correct gapps from goo.im. I believe you want the ones for JB 4.2.1.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

OP
L

local444

Reaction score
He also needs the latest version of safestrap and CM10must be installed on slot1.

the one that was just released yesterday? And are there some instructions I could get a link to? Thanks !dancedroid

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
You mentioned you have version 2.11, I think you need at least 3.05 or higher. Might as well install the latest version.

komani86

Reaction score
You mentioned you have version 2.11, I think you need at least 3.05 or higher. Might as well install the latest version.

I really dont like SS3+, I dont want a stock and additional rom slot.. I know it more useful if you want to convert back to stock, but it takes up unnessesary space imho

MrNissan

Reaction score
I really dont like SS3+, I dont want a stock and additional rom slot.. I know it more useful if you want to convert back to stock, but it takes up unnessesary space imho

I agree with it unnecessarily taking up necessary space. :) but its soo much nicer than having to backup/restore after every flash. Of course, thats is if you are flash crazy like im sure many of us are. I noticed an error of not enough space to update or blah blah so i backuped by info n wiped slot completely. Then increased all partitons to max. Worked great for a week but errors coming back. Im thinking the problem was I had that huge rom droid hd full. I went to hd lite n no problems. Im using ss3 of course. Im certain any new Jb roms will need ss3. I believe in ss2 you are still storing your stock rom. Ss3 just does it neater lol. Maybe im wrong. Definitely would suggest hdlite if you want to use ss3 along with aokp 4.2.1