ClockWorkMod install rom from sd

niallsc

Reaction score
Hello,

I am trying to install chevys rom on my D3 and I rooted my phone, copied the.zip file into my sd card, but when rom manager went to reboot into recovery it just booted up normally, then I tried to just boot into recovery ( turned on while holding m) and when I selected recovery, it gave me the DROID with the warning triangle... what am I doing wrong?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

svickstc

Reaction score
This has happened to me in the past...pull the battery for a little. boot back up

Do you have bootstrapper installed because I would try going into recovery that way first...or retry clock word mod boot to recovery

Also try clearing your cache

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You have a Droid3? I don't believe Chevy has a ROM for the D3. That's the problem.

OP
N

niallsc

Reaction score
Yeah chevycam, steeldroid, sorry about the mix up, but yeah, no such luck with taking the battery out, still just booting, I do have koush's bootstrap app, but I am still getting the DROID warning symbol, like its not finding it...

svickstc

Reaction score
did you hit "bootstrap recovery" first then reboot into recovery?

if not keep trying to pull the battery and reboot...i was hung up like this before too

OP
N

niallsc

Reaction score
In rom manager? All I see the boot into recovery option but not bootstrap recovery.

svickstc

Reaction score
no it the app "Droid 3 Bootstrapper" made by clockworkmod

under market search "Droid 3 Recovery Bootstrap"

or in ROM Manager:

hit the first tab "Flash clockworkmod recovery" then reboot into recovery

OP
N

niallsc

Reaction score
Mmkay I was able to get into the bootstrapper, but if I am installing it manually how do I do that? Do I just choose install from. Zip?

svickstc

Reaction score
install from zip, yes...

Then go to install from internal sd card...then scroll down to the sd300 zip and install, then go back to the main recovery screen and hit reboot system..

might want to clear cache using recovery before install just in case...I didnt have an issue with this when installing SD3, but when i flashed MonsterRom i didnt clear cache first and it was messed up so it doesnt hurt