ClockworkMod Recovery Issues

TrevorNT

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm trying to get ClockworkMod Recovery to work on my precious new DROID 3, but I can't for the life of me get it to boot to CM Recovery...

Just to be sure I'm doing it right...

-The phone is rooted. I used ES to rename a few of the default apps to .bak's to speed up my phone and remove a little of the bloat.
-ClockworkMod ROM Manager from the Android Market is installed on my phone. When I run it, it asks for root permissions and I give them.
-I've tapped on the top option, Flash ClockworkMod Recovery, then chosen Motorola Droid 3. Stuff happens, then I tap Reboot into Recovery. My phone shuts down but then starts back up normally.
-I've also done things the alternative way, holding VOL+ and VOL- and turning my phone on and choosing BP Tools, but again it just boots normally.

All this and I'm just trying to make a backup of the stuff on my phone...(well, and maybe install Liberty too, but I'd kind of like to have the backup first.)

Thanks in advance for the help!

-TrevorNT

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cwm in RM doesn't work on the D3.

You need Hashcode's tweaked d3bootstrapper or Hashcode's Safestrap.

www.hash-of-codes.com

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

OP
T

TrevorNT

Reaction score
Cwm in RM doesn't work on the D3.

You need Hashcode's tweaked d3bootstrapper or Hashcode's Safestrap.

www.hash-of-codes.com

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Safestrap, huh? I'll give it a shot and tell you how it goes. Thanks for the response!

-TrevorNT

EDIT: okay, got that to work, was able to make a backup, and then got Liberty on my Droid and loving it :) . Thanks again for the tip!

Last edited: