Clockwork/ROM manager and Froyo/2.2 issues.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
We've been seeing a drastic increase in issues with CW and 2.2. If you have a problem post it here and we'll work to get you fixed up.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Those having problems word from Koush from his twitter page is to flash sprecovery and flash back. Try it and let us know if it works.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I know that when RomManager recently updated and then you flashed to CWM v8.1.8, it wouldn't apply ROM flashes thru RomManager... but flashing to an experimental CWM v8.2.0 and then flashing back to v8.1.8 fixed it.
I think I read that from the RomManager Market update page...can't remember but that's what worked for me.

projektorboy

Reaction score
I'm one of those people having problems. I initially rooted with CWM 1.8.1.8 and used it to install Bugless Beast 0.2

There was the BB 0.2.1 update that came out yesterday, so I went to update to that version. Phone was still on CWM Recovery 1.8.1.8 and when I went to "Install ROM from SD" the phone just rebooted, no update.

So I ran a "Fix Permissions" first & rebooted. I wasn't able to upgrade.

Then, according to this thread, I flashed to SPRecovery and rebooted, then restored CWM 1.8.1.8 and rebooted.

The BB 0.2.1 update is now in progress. I'm assuming the combination of fixing filesystem permissions THEN reinstalling the CWM Recovery is what helped set things straight in my phone. Probably is a good thing to do just to be on the safe side when updating your ROM anyway.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm glad Mbk and Projektorboy were able to get things in place. My opinion, users paid $4.99 for an app that is not functioning correctly. The developer needs to step up and correct. The user should not need to go through such gyrations!

Mike

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Because this has been a common issue and we need to get a fix on it; I am going to stick this thread for now.

Double_D

Reaction score
So I've been all over the place trying to figure out how to fix this. It started happening after I installed the second FroYo 2.2 that was released.

Anyways, I open Rom Manager and hit 'Download Rom'. It says I need to update to the new version of Rom manager. It takes me to the market, and the download just sits there and does nothing. I hit Cancel, and it FC's. Try it a couple more time with the same result so I just left it like that for a while (days).

Finally I decide to go into my Applications under settings and uninstall it this way. That worked, then I go back to the market to re-download. Start the download, and it gets hung up again. Download bar makes no progress. So I leave it there for a day. Come back the next day, still sitting there. Can't press 'Cancel Download' or it just FC's. Now I am totally stuck.

HELP!!!!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So I've been all over the place trying to figure out how to fix this. It started happening after I installed the second FroYo 2.2 that was released.

Anyways, I open Rom Manager and hit 'Download Rom'. It says I need to update to the new version of Rom manager. It takes me to the market, and the download just sits there and does nothing. I hit Cancel, and it FC's. Try it a couple more time with the same result so I just left it like that for a while (days).

Finally I decide to go into my Applications under settings and uninstall it this way. That worked, then I go back to the market to re-download. Start the download, and it gets hung up again. Download bar makes no progress. So I leave it there for a day. Come back the next day, still sitting there. Can't press 'Cancel Download' or it just FC's. Now I am totally stuck.

HELP!!!!

If you can not download the rom through rom manager just install it through sprecovery .

EvilDobe

Reaction score
The main issue I'm having with the ROM manager is that my current rom is not showing up under "Check for ROM Updates". I started out with the FRxx base then went to the FR57 base and now I'm using Kangerade. Nothing seems to work when I try to get that to work. It may be related but when I do getprop ro.secure it returns a 1 instead of a 0. I can't fix that either. Any suggestions?

OP
jstafford1

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I think ROM manager is having trouble recognizing 2.2 ROMs and that could be part of the problem.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have yet to be able to boot into recovery in CW/RM, no matter what I try. Not a big deal for me personally as I can do everything I need to in SPR, but FYI. Tried flashing/reflashing, etc, still no luck.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Currently, members seem to be experiencing issues with RM/CM especially with the new 2.2 Roms. If you are not able to make progress, may I suggest that you go to the IRC site
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/koush/38233-real-time-irc-support-click-here.html and speak directly with Koush and his team regarding your particular issue. Hopefully, they will be able to provide guidance that will allow you to successfully install a new 2.2 rom that runs on your phone without any issues. Additionally, I ask that you relay back to this thread any advice, suggestions, or recommendations that you receive from Koush's team.

Mike

stark23x

Reaction score
Has anyone else had problems with 2.0.0.5? Every time I flash it and try to boot into recovery it hangs at the Motorola M forever. Literally, if I let it, or at least until the battery ran out. I flashed down to 2.0.0.3 and everything is fine again.

Rudy

Reaction score
If you can not download the rom through rom manager just install it through sprecovery .

The problem I'd like to fix now would be that I can't download Rom Manager itself.

I was able to restore mine from Titanium backup, and this solved my updating problem. See if you can find the .apk somewhere online and do it that way. It is a free program right?