Clockwork Recovery Question on SLCD Screen

jeffjano

Reaction score
Having a problem getting CW Recovery to work. Loaded different versions from rom manager and all then display white bars. Also loaded some custom cw recovery images that i found on this forum i believe and some others with the same result. Any ideas on what i can do to get cw recovery loaded and working? I used unrevoked to root about a month ago. Help is appreciated. thanks

Clamster

Reaction score
Look for the post that says revoked release is imminent. It is a couple below this post. Enlightened posted a link with detailed instructions and links to files. U will have to download a .img file and run custom recovery with unrevoked. I had the same problem after running revoked 3.22 and it fixed it for me.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

OP
J

jeffjano

Reaction score
Thanks Clamster i will give it a shot.

Look for the post that says revoked release is imminent. It is a couple below this post. Enlightened posted a link with detailed instructions and links to files. U will have to download a .img file and run custom recovery with unrevoked. I had the same problem after running revoked 3.22 and it fixed it for me.

rikura4u

Reaction score
I did root last night(revoked 3.22), and followed all the steps NP, but now when I go in to recovery, it takes me to the black screen with the white line, I followed all the steps, but still does it. Any help?

Clamster

Reaction score
Try this, it worked for my slcd.

Step 3A- For those with SLCD screens (Sku ends in 3) start here:

NOTE- You'll see a black screen with white bars if you go into recovery. DO NOT PANIC- we're going to fix that right now by doing the following:
  • Unplug your phone and close the unrEVOked window.
  • Download the following file and extract it somewhere you will remember: http://dougpiston.com/files/Recovery...MG_cwm_mod.zip
  • Start the unrEVOked tool again and go to file -->custom recovery.
  • Select the recovery.img that you extracted.
  • Plug in phone (charge only), enable usb debugging and let the tool run.
  • Note: If tool hangs at waiting for reboot (safe to unplug), that's normal. Unplug the phone and plug it back it. The tool should now saw "complete".
  • Turn phone off and reboot into HBoot by pressing the power and volume - (down) buttons at the same time
  • Continue with instructions in Step 3B
instructions courtesy of Enlightened.

rikura4u

Reaction score
Followed the steps to the "T", and still gives me the black screeen with the white lines. Suggestions? Thanks for your help!

The_Other_Ray

Reaction score
Same thing for me as well. I noticed that I got the black screen with white bars after I installed Rom Manager and flashed a new recovery.

I can still backup and restore and then just wait for my phone to reboot itself afterwards so it's not a big deal but just an annoyance.

DropC

Reaction score
Ok, go to the sticky in this section that's says how to root 2.2 using unrevoked. It has provisions for replacing the recovery image with a working one.

jmc2543

Reaction score
Here is a working version of Clockwork for the SLCD.

Download the file below.

Unzip and drop on desktop or a easily accessible file.

Open Unrevoked and select Custom Recovery under File in the top left.

Browse to desktop, or location .img file was extracted to, and select it.

Run as normal.
dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid