Clock and weather Widget time issue

Yeti35

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S8+ w/ a Tech 21 case
Since the daylight savings time update the main clock on the phone is updated, but the clock on the widget did not update at all. Any thoughts on this? I tried widget force stop and data clear as well as a whole phone cache clear with no luck. S8+ is what I have if it matters.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Since the daylight savings time update the main clock on the phone is updated, but the clock on the widget did not update at all. Any thoughts on this? I tried widget force stop and data clear as well as a whole phone cache clear with no luck. S8+ is what I have if it matters.
Is it the stock widget? Have you removed the widget then added it back in? Is there a setting for auto update for DST?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
Yeti35

Yeti35

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Stock widget and tried all of that with no luck. I did find a thread online in another forum that this is not just a problem on my phone. No way to do anything other then if you delete all the locations on the weather side the clock works, but as soon as you add a location it screws up again. Sounds like an update of some sort is in need.

OP
Yeti35

Yeti35

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I said in my original post that the main clock updated fine, it is just the widget clock that is off. So yes auto update of the time is turned on.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I said in my original post that the main clock updated fine, it is just the widget clock that is off. So yes auto update of the time is turned on.

it works for widgets too so we had to verify auto update was on. what is the weather source for that widget?

OP
Yeti35

Yeti35

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Update, I removed the clock/weather widget from my home screen. I just put up the weather only one. I then clicked on it to take me to the Weather Channel mobile deal that runs that widget. It was a Weather Channel issue since that was reading the wrong time. It got fixed at some point today for when I looked at it the time was correct. Was not a Samsung issue at all.