CLNRs-How picky are you?

Troops2990

Reaction score
I am returning my D1 because some of the keys are starting to lift up and separate from the phone. I got one clnr that the screen was loose and the keys were having the same problems so i sent it back and got another one today. This one i got today, the keys are better but i can tell they will be separating after a month or so and when i push on the corners of the screen it will click against the keyboard... my question is do i return this one also since it is suppose to be "like new" or do i accept the fact that it is used and be happy that it is functional?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I believe you should be satisfied with the device given to you. If it's flawed I see no reason not to ask for another one.... but it is CLNR not 'new'.

Have a rep/tech look at the keyboard in question and explain your concern. They may see the same cause for concern... then again they may not. At least have them make a note (if possible) of it that you were concerned with the keyboard peeling.

OP
Troops2990

Troops2990

Reaction score
I believe you should be satisfied with the device given to you. If it's flawed I see no reason not to ask for another one.... but it is CLNR not 'new'.

Have a rep/tech look at the keyboard in question and explain your concern. They may see the same cause for concern... then again they may not. At least have them make a note (if possible) of it that you were concerned with the keyboard peeling.
at the moment, that is not my largest concern, the clnr has a 3 month warranty so if it does peel, it will be covered. i am mostly concerned about the clicking noise it makes when you touch the screen and if i should replace it or spend the time customizing it only for the clicking to get worse and return it in a month.. i am also kinda of in the mindset that if they are going to be more picky about the condition of the devices they accept from customers, perhaps we should be more picky about the ones we accept from them.. after all they are suppose to be "like new" not kind of new but obviously used.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

at the moment, that is not my largest concern, the clnr has a 3 month warranty so if it does peel, it will be covered. i am mostly concerned about the clicking noise it makes when you touch the screen and if i should replace it or spend the time customizing it only for the clicking to get worse and return it in a month.. i am also kinda of in the mindset that if they are going to be more picky about the condition of the devices they accept from customers, perhaps we should be more picky about the ones we accept from them.. after all they are suppose to be "like new" not kind of new but obviously used.

Got mine 2 days ago. Did a thread about how nobody ever says anything when they get a good one. You only hear people complain, hence the negative opinions people have.

The three month warranty is the one that comes with insurance. If you're getting one from Verizon, then your warranty is one year from date of purchase. Mine is warrantied until August.

Mine looks brand new. Not a mark on it and I haven't found anything wrong with it. I'm not the exception I'm pretty certain this is the experience of most people.

Now you talk about how picky someone can be. That's where a lot of negativity comes in. Some might say my phone's keyboard is "loose." It does feel a bit different, but I wouldn't send it back for that. But there are plenty of people who would.

I think the CLNR is what I expected it to be, maybe better. Verizon gives good service, I'm not complaining.

OP
Troops2990

Troops2990

Reaction score

Got mine 2 days ago. Did a thread about how nobody ever says anything when they get a good one. You only hear people complain, hence the negative opinions people have.

The three month warranty is the one that comes with insurance. If you're getting one from Verizon, then your warranty is one year from date of purchase. Mine is warrantied until August.

Mine looks brand new. Not a mark on it and I haven't found anything wrong with it. I'm not the exception I'm pretty certain this is the experience of most people.

Now you talk about how picky someone can be. That's where a lot of negativity comes in. Some might say my phone's keyboard is "loose." It does feel a bit different, but I wouldn't send it back for that. But there are plenty of people who would.

I think the CLNR is what I expected it to be, maybe better. Verizon gives good service, I'm not complaining.
so are you saying that this CLNR is under warranty until April of 2012?? or from 1 year from when i originally purchased my D1?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

so are you saying that this CLNR is under warranty until April of 2012?? or from 1 year from when i originally purchased my D1?

1 year from when you originally purchased your Droid if it's being replaced by Verizon. You don't get extra time because they do a replacement.

Now if you are doing an insurance claim then you get a 3 month warranty. Which in some cases could be less then the original warranty.

usmcnewbee

Reaction score
Last November my D1 died, I had eight CLNR's sent to me and I was not picky at all I would have settled for anyone of them to work. when they sent me phone #9 it was a D2 so that was a nice surprise but honestly I still liked my D1 best for some reason, it has a sticky power button that is a pain it wont shut off at all and I have to press and wiggle the botton untill I see that circled M but it works. Verizon says the CLNR's come from the manufacture so I dont blam Verizon but someone needs to monitor the Quality Control.

OP
Troops2990

Troops2990

Reaction score
Last November my D1 died, I had eight CLNR's sent to me and I was not picky at all I would have settled for anyone of them to work. when they sent me phone #9 it was a D2 so that was a nice surprise but honestly I still liked my D1 best for some reason, it has a sticky power button that is a pain it wont shut off at all and I have to press and wiggle the botton untill I see that circled M but it works. Verizon says the CLNR's come from the manufacture so I dont blam Verizon but someone needs to monitor the Quality Control.
i agree, before i got my droid i went through 16 CLNR envy touches in alittle over a year, all the touchscreens went out, some only lasted for 30-60 miin...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I don't argue with Marines. :)

usmcnewbee

Reaction score

I don't argue with Marines. :)

Thanks but my wife does not see it that way:)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Correction

I actually read the paperwork that came with my CLNR. I was close to being correct about the warranty but not completely.

It seems that if you do get a CLNR and lets say you're 11 months is your warranty, you would get additional time:

The phone received may be a reconditioned Certified Line-New Replacement, which will carry the remaining warranty period from the prior phone or 90 day, whichever is greater.

So it would be possible to extend your warranty if in fact you had it replaced during the last few months of the original warranty.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score

When I was given a clnr device, vzw told me it is 1yr from the purchase date, or 3 months, whichever is longer.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App