CLearing unsent texts messages from the notification status bar

mcabadir

Reaction score
I don't see a way to clear the unsent texts from the notifiacation staus bar. Notifications of unsent texts pop up each time I receive or send a text. Am now up to 4.

lucey

Reaction score
Are you using stock texting or you suing a texting app?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
M

mcabadir

Reaction score
I don't see a way to clear the unsent texts from the notifiacation staus bar. Notifications of unsent texts pop up each time I receive or send a text. Am now up to 4.

I am using stock texting

lucey

Reaction score
Hmm weird I've had the issue with texting apps like go sms and sms pop up but never with stock texting. Have you gone in and tried to delete the message or the entire texting log? With the apps I would delete the whole conversation and it would usually continue to pop up a couple more times but then would stop after I kept clearing it.

lucey

Reaction score
Or do you have sms delivery reports turned on?

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Another option would be to delete the message not sent, then delete cache for your messaging app. menu>applications>manage applications>scroll to your messaging app then tap on it. Tap on clear cache then go back to your messaging app and see if the "not sent" notification is gone. If not, go back to manage applications and tap on clear data. Be sure to save any pictures or videos you may want to keep as they will be deleted.

OP
M

mcabadir

Reaction score
Tried that... Clearing the cache...but doesn't seem to a give me that option. Tried a few times.