Clearing the google search

94DCTeg

Reaction score
Hello Members, I was wondering how to clear the google search bar at the top of the droid on the main screen, i have cleared cookies and internet files and when I click on the google bar is there a way to clear that out ??

Thank you

adam8ch

Reaction score
Hello Members, I was wondering how to clear the google search bar at the top of the droid on the main screen, i have cleared cookies and internet files and when I click on the google bar is there a way to clear that out ??

Thank you

Its under setting in Gmail.

ledwing

Reaction score
Clearing prior search

There IS a button under GMAIL that would indicate it will clear prior searches, but it does NOT. Both google search, and MAPS prior destinations seem to accumulate forever.

mal516

Reaction score
from home screen

menu>settings>search>clear search shortcuts.

cleared

ledwing

Reaction score
MAL, mal mal. Do you know how many people in power DO NOT KNOW THIS? it worked perfectly, and you have removed a big frustration of mine. Thank you mal.

ledwing

Reaction score
i should have said "clearing map end point" directions.

ledwing

Reaction score
now i found how to clear the map. i thought that CLEAR DATA would erase the program

mal516

Reaction score
glad to help. u know i had the very same problem with the google search i literally just figure it out mins after seeing this thread. but anyway this phone is the sshhhhhiiiii.......

Daytona

Reaction score
now i found how to clear the map. i thought that CLEAR DATA would erase the program

so how do you clear map searches? hate having a bunch of misspellings in there. tried menu/settings/search/clear search shortcuts, and it didn't clear map searches.

never mind. figured it out. menu/settings/applications/manage applications (filter all)/clear data.

Last edited:

Daytona

Reaction score
never mind. figured it out. menu/settings/applications/manage applications (filter all)/clear data.

monkeygerm

Reaction score
Clearing Maps, ok, anyone have any other ideas? I've tried all these and nothing works, can't clear data because it's greyed out. I'm going crazy:mad: